Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay to be published by Dark Regions

Junior Member Visitor
    Based on your feedback we have added a separate level for The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition by Paul Tremblay signed & numbered hardcover to the campaign page. The deluxe lettered traycased hardcover will have a retail price of $325 and it is included in the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE which is $350 and gets you a lot more for an additional $25 (signed & numbered hardcover of The Cabin at the End of the World, Writing as Life signed & numbered, surprise limited hardcover and Joshua Hoffine Horror Photography deluxe hardcover). Thanks for your feedback and hope you consider reserving The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition in the Indiegogo campaign, but it will also be offered for preorder later this year on our website.

Indiegogo link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...-regions-press

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Personally not a fan of Indiegogo campaigns and will probably end up going with the SST version because of that. Would love to snag the DRP hardcover limited of Tremblay's book but have no desire for the other two books in the hardcover package. Perhaps they will have a single copy of the limited available later; however, I will probably not chance it and just go with SST version, especially since I already have head full of ghosts preordered with them.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Hi Chris,

That's awesome news! Thanks for being willing to do that. I went ahead a reserved a copy of the Tremblay book via your current Indiegogo campaign. Random question, but do you know if those indiegogo orders will be migrated to our DRP accounts so that we can view them with the rest of our pending DRP orders? If not, no worries. Let me know what you think whenever you have a chance. Thanks again!!!

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    Based on your feedback we have added a separate level for The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition by Paul Tremblay signed & numbered hardcover to the campaign page. The deluxe lettered traycased hardcover will have a retail price of $325 and it is included in the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE which is $350 and gets you a lot more for an additional $25 (signed & numbered hardcover of The Cabin at the End of the World, Writing as Life signed & numbered, surprise limited hardcover and Joshua Hoffine Horror Photography deluxe hardcover). Thanks for your feedback and hope you consider reserving The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition in the Indiegogo campaign, but it will also be offered for preorder later this year on our website.

Indiegogo link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...-regions-press
    That's great adjusting from Chris and DRP. I applaud that move. I have expressed frustration in the past with these models being a confusing and unsatisfying way to buy a book you want. Thanks for some ease and clarification, Chris.

Ron

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    A little birdie just told me that SST will be publishing Tremblay's Growing Things. So the three book set will be a four book set. I don't know if Serra will be doing the art on that one as well. But I can't imagine, with all of SST's Tremblay books coming out so close together, that Paul Fry would pass on making all 4 match.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    A little birdie just told me that SST will be publishing Tremblay's Growing Things. So the three book set will be a four book set. I don't know if Serra will be doing the art on that one as well. But I can't imagine, with all of SST's Tremblay books coming out so close together, that Paul Fry would pass on making all 4 match.
    Heard this as well. Very happy that I decided to pull the trigger on this set. SST has started to become one to watch for me. With the Lansdale collections and the Tremblay books it’s like Paul is leaning back in his plush leather office chair, staring at the ceiling, forefinger slowly tapping his upper lip, asking “What will get that Sock Monkey guy on the CD forum to buy my books?”

In reality, he’s probably just trying to score a neat Jeffingoff YouTube video...

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Heard this as well. Very happy that I decided to pull the trigger on this set. SST has started to become one to watch for me. With the Lansdale collections and the Tremblay books it’s like Paul is leaning back in his plush leather office chair, staring at the ceiling, forefinger slowly tapping his upper lip, asking “What will get that Sock Monkey guy on the CD forum to buy my books?”

In reality, he’s probably just trying to score a neat Jeffingoff YouTube video...
    The integrity of my channel cannot be bought! JK! What's integrity.

I agree with you on the uncanny way Paul is selecting his next books! I'm basically on the hook for every one of his latest announcements. If he moves on to Palahniuk or publishes an edition of The Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe, I'll know somethings up.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    The integrity of my channel cannot be bought! JK! What's integrity.
    Sadly, I have to agree with Jeff on "integrity"...he said if I paid him $200, he would make a video of his unboxing a Happy Meal! Seriously?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with Jeff on "integrity"...he said if I paid him $200, he would make a video of his unboxing a Happy Meal! Seriously?!?!
    Not how I remember it, Brad! First off, it was $250, AND secondly, it was a Feel Your Way meal by Burger King. https://www.khq.com/news/feel-your-w...a3933de5a.html

I was going to unbox the DGAF box. I was also offered an additional $50 bonus if I cried into my soft drink. But word got back to Burger King and they offered me $301 to NOT do the video. So it was tabled. Unless I'm hearing theres an offer of $302 to do the video, it'll stay tabled.

In today's DRP newsletter:
    Paul Tremblay Special TODAY ONLY - A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock Free!
    We have a special for today, July 9th only for Paul Tremblay fans!

Join the Horror Summer Sale 2019 Indiegogo Campaign at the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE Level and Get Signed & Numbered Hardcovers of Both A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay Included for Free ($100 Retail Value!)

If I didn't already have all three editions ordered from SST, I would be alllllll over this offer. The two lettered editions I have from DRP are beautiful. And CABIN seems to be a fantastic read. I think it's a phenomenal value.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I saw this but wasn't 100% sure what it was. Screenplay, new book, another special edition of Bird Box.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!

Junior Member Part-timer
    Just reserved MALORIE from my public library.

Jim

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Yep I pulled the trigger today and ordered the set of 3. Well actually it was a combination birthday and Anniversary gift from my wonderful wife.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yep I pulled the trigger today and ordered the set of 3. Well actually it was a combination birthday and Anniversary gift from my wonderful wife.
    Sorry I missed the chance to wish you a happy b-day!

Junior Member Visitor
    We will be using BackerKit to keep track of everything however we most likely will create all of the campaign orders as darkregions.com orders to make it easier for our customers to track everything. Really appreciate you joining the campaign, the good news is we finished at 110% funded.

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi Chris,

That's awesome news! Thanks for being willing to do that. I went ahead a reserved a copy of the Tremblay book via your current Indiegogo campaign. Random question, but do you know if those indiegogo orders will be migrated to our DRP accounts so that we can view them with the rest of our pending DRP orders? If not, no worries. Let me know what you think whenever you have a chance. Thanks again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek
    That's great adjusting from Chris and DRP. I applaud that move. I have expressed frustration in the past with these models being a confusing and unsatisfying way to buy a book you want. Thanks for some ease and clarification, Chris.
    Definitely understand that, Ron, and appreciate your feedback. The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition will also be offered for preorder on our website later this year.

The feedback from collectors on these forums and others has definitely helped us identify issues and areas to improve Dark Regions Press and it is sincerely appreciated.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    We will be using BackerKit to keep track of everything however we most likely will create all of the campaign orders as darkregions.com orders to make it easier for our customers to track everything. Really appreciate you joining the campaign, the good news is we finished at 110% funded.

Definitely understand that, Ron, and appreciate your feedback. The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition will also be offered for preorder on our website later this year.

The feedback from collectors on these forums and others has definitely helped us identify issues and areas to improve Dark Regions Press and it is sincerely appreciated.
    Chris,
    I received an email this morning regarding a straight sale on the site. I will be checking it out.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    That's awesome news Chris! Glad to hear the campaign was fully funded. I know that I ended up reserving both Tremblay's "The Cabin at the End of the World" as well as Laymon's "Midnight's Lair" and am super excited to be receiving those titles. Also just used your current half off sale to snag the copy of Laymon's "Cuts" that you had on your rare books page; so, overall, July has been a very DRP month for me!

I can't wait to add two new beautiful babies to this shelf!

IMG_3822.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I can't wait to add two new beautiful babies to this shelf!

IMG_3822.jpg
    Can't imagine what those would be.. Congratulations