The Book of the New Sun - Folio Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Book of the New Sun - Folio Society

Here's something that may help ease the pain of not owning the Centipede Press editions of Gene Wolfe's masterpiece.

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/the...e-new-sun.html

To be clear, that price tag is still going to hurt, but honestly it's not a bad price if you break it down on a per-book basis, and while 750 is a pretty generous limitation, anything signed by Gene is likely only going to go up in value now.

Nice looking set!

Comment

That does look nice! Not familiar with the books or with Wolfe's writing so probably not gonna pull the trigger.

Caught this detail: Shortly before his death, he signed the limitation labels for each of the 750 hand-numbered copies.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this would be considered a signed bookplate, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        That does look nice! Not familiar with the books or with Wolfe's writing so probably not gonna pull the trigger.

Caught this detail: Shortly before his death, he signed the limitation labels for each of the 750 hand-numbered copies.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this would be considered a signed bookplate, correct?
        Technically yes, but it's a bookplate created specifically for this edition and will contain the number for each set, so it probably shouldn't be viewed any differently than a standard signature page.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          Technically yes, but it's a bookplate created specifically for this edition and will contain the number for each set, so it probably shouldn't be viewed any differently than a standard signature page.
          Here is a review from someone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmh-n9_k0jM&t=300s. It is numbered on each label. I think the books look outstanding. At any rate it got sold out over the weekend and on checking in ebay, it's already being sold at almost 1k$.

Comment

Working...
          X