X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eyes of the Dragon in Development:

I really hope this happens and is done well as it is such a great story:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephen...th-1202601500/

I'm interested to see what happens with this one as well. Can't imagine how they're going to adapt it into a television series as there doesn't seem like there would be enough source material, unless it is either a limited series or they just do their own thing from the get go. It's been a while since I read this one, but I don't remember the small volume packed with info/details the way GRRM's Game of Thrones was.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      I'm interested to see what happens with this one as well. Can't imagine how they're going to adapt it into a television series as there doesn't seem like there would be enough source material, unless it is either a limited series or they just do their own thing from the get go. It's been a while since I read this one, but I don't remember the small volume packed with info/details the way GRRM's Game of Thrones was.
      I think the 'Answer to Game Of Thrones' comments were silly. I do think that it could be a fantastic series at 8 to 10 episodes.

Comment

One of my favorites. If this comes about I hope they don't butcher it.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          One of my favorites. If this comes about I hope they don't butcher it.
          Love the story and believe if done right it could be fantastic and if done wrong it could be a complete disaster.

Comment

Agreed. I have seen way to many stories butchered. The Mist was destroyed and The Gunslinger was slaughtered.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Love the story and believe if done right it could be fantastic and if done wrong it could be a complete disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Agreed. I have seen way to many stories butchered. The Mist was destroyed and The Gunslinger was slaughtered.
              The Mist TV show or The Mist movie? I haven't seen the show, but have not heard good things. And I might be in minority--as I typically am with most things King-related--I actually prefer The Mist movie to the story. This goes for Shawshank as well. I haven't read The Green Mile so I can't say if Darabont nails the trifecta, but I do think that movie is a classic. I don't think there's a bad performance in the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                The Mist TV show or The Mist movie? I haven't seen the show, but have not heard good things. And I might be in minority--as I typically am with most things King-related--I actually prefer The Mist movie to the story. This goes for Shawshank as well. I haven't read The Green Mile so I can't say if Darabont nails the trifecta, but I do think that movie is a classic. I don't think there's a bad performance in the cast.
                I liked the story better than the movie but really enjoyed the movie as well. I gave up on the series about 4 or 5 episodes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I liked the story better than the movie but really enjoyed the movie as well. I gave up on the series about 4 or 5 episodes in.
                  I need to give the story another read just to cement my feelings, but I thought that the movie nailed it, especially that ending. I know people did not like it, but I'm going down on record as stating it's one of the best movie endings ever. Not just that it was downbeat and very gutsy, but that the movie led you on that emotional journey beat by beat and you understand the why...and then the gut-punch. I read the story after seeing the movie and the ending is very much the movie's creation, but the story's ending just didn't hit as hard as the movie leaving me feeling underwhelmed.

Comment

I thought the Short-Story/Novella was one of King's Best. The Movie was very good too, I thought. They both handle Hope/Hopelessness in different ways. In one, the Character Gave in to Hopelessness, in an attempt to bestow Mercy. In the other, a sort of Melancholy Hopefulness lingers. We can go on, there might be something/someone else out there cheering for us, waiting for us. I thought both endings were meaningful and worth discussing. It is interesting that one is foreshadowed in the other.....

Comment

The ending of the movie Mist is why to this day a joke my wife and I make is to just wait 5 minutes when something terrible seems to be happening. Thanks to this movie I also ended up with a neat paperback of just the Mist. One of those I'll keep around even when all my other King paperbacks are replaced by something nicer.

Comment

Sorry. The Mist TV show. Movie was fine and I liked it.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                          The ending of the movie Mist is why to this day a joke my wife and I make is to just wait 5 minutes when something terrible seems to be happening. Thanks to this movie I also ended up with a neat paperback of just the Mist. One of those I'll keep around even when all my other King paperbacks are replaced by something nicer.
                          Wicked Funny LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                            Wicked Funny LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                            X