Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Anyone else take advantage of Jerad’s newsletter-only presale yesterday?
    I considered it, but didn't go for it in the end. I'm saving my pennies for Dune and whatever Paul comes out with next.

I did reserve the books at my local library, as I haven't read them, or anything else by that author.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I considered it, but didn't go for it in the end. I'm saving my pennies for Dune and whatever Paul comes out with next.

I did reserve the books at my local library, as I haven't read them, or anything else by that author.
      This is where I am.

I think you can read the first book for free on the author's website.

Comment

No, too much good stuff coming up. I always hate passing on CP releases, but this one was easier for me than most.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have mine, I couldn't let it go.

“Stars, everywhere. So many stars that I could not for the life me understand how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.” - Blindsight by Peter Watts

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Anyone else take advantage of Jerad’s newsletter-only presale yesterday?
            Absolutely! And I'm really looking forward to the crime Novels he has coming out!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              This is where I am.

I think you can read the first book for free on the author's website.
              Thanks for the tip. You can actually download the epub version for free, so I have it on my kindle queue now.

Link for anyone who wants a copy - https://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

Comment

I'm on board as well. This isn't normally my thing, but the description of is definitely interesting. I'm also of the mindset if what Centipede is offering sounds remotely interesting, buy it and if you don't like it sell it on the aftermarket. The flip side is my futile battle with finding a reasonably priced copy of A Mountain Walked. It was like $150-ish when published, I hesitated, missed out, and now it goes for stupid amounts on the aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Absolutely! And I'm really looking forward to the crime Novels he has coming out!
                  Me too. I don't have enough crime fiction in my reading diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I'm on board as well. This isn't normally my thing, but the description of is definitely interesting. I'm also of the mindset if what Centipede is offering sounds remotely interesting, buy it and if you don't like it sell it on the aftermarket. The flip side is my futile battle with finding a reasonably priced copy of A Mountain Walked. It was like $150-ish when published, I hesitated, missed out, and now it goes for stupid amounts on the aftermarket.
                    Stupidly, I too passed on the limited of A MOUNTAIN WALKED at $150 (despite Jerad's reassurance that I wouldn't regret it if I bought it). Then, realizing what I had done, managed to barely score one of the unsigned editions- at $100. Then- years later- bought a loose signed limitation sheet- for $50- and just have no visible way to tip the sucker in. It's complicated. This was a valuable lesson- always trust Jerad. And, it is seriously one of the most luxurious books I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't know what tops it. I always show it off when talking to folks about book design. Conversely, despite DRP's promise to equal the previous volume in design- their RED BRAIN- at $200!- was completely uninspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                      Stupidly, I too passed on the limited of A MOUNTAIN WALKED at $150 (despite Jerad's reassurance that I wouldn't regret it if I bought it). Then, realizing what I had done, managed to barely score one of the unsigned editions- at $100. Then- years later- bought a loose signed limitation sheet- for $50- and just have no visible way to tip the sucker in. It's complicated. This was a valuable lesson- always trust Jerad. And, it is seriously one of the most luxurious books I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't know what tops it. I always show it off when talking to folks about book design. Conversely, despite DRP's promise to equal the previous volume in design- their RED BRAIN- at $200!- was completely uninspiring.
                      I'm glad I'm not alone. At least you were able to pull together the copy you have. I was wondering if DRP's RED BRAIN would hit the same level as Centipede's book. It is unfortunate they weren't able to do so. I do like DRP's books, I just don't pull the trigger on a lot of them.

Comment

I can say, I rarely regret buying a book. Actually Ron and I regretted buying the same book not to long ago lol! But seriously, as one of our friends on here said, we aren't millionaires and sometimes we have to make choices. I haven't gone wrong with a Centipede, Cemetery Dance book yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I'm glad I'm not alone. At least you were able to pull together the copy you have. I was wondering if DRP's RED BRAIN would hit the same level as Centipede's book. It is unfortunate they weren't able to do so. I do like DRP's books, I just don't pull the trigger on a lot of them.
                          Eh, "completely" uninspiring was a bit unfair comment on RED BRAIN. It's... fairly nice? On it's own, I'd probably be a lot kinder to it (though, perhaps at say- $125), but as a follow up to AMW- it just pales. But- so does pretty much every other book, so.. Actually, their previous Lovecraftian Anthology- DREAMS FROM THE WITCH HOUSE (although released after in hardcover format) is beautifully designed and on heavy weight glossy paper- and comes quite a bit closer to what Jerad was trying to do with AMW. That book- in either trade paperback or the recent (finally!) signed HC- is gorgeous. DRP seems to be hit and miss. I want them to get better and be a press that consistently produces nice books. We'll see!

Comment

I have the S/L of A MOUNTAIN WALKED, and it is indeed a beautiful volume.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I like DRP a lot but they're still trying to establish their position, and as a result tend to experiment quite a bit. When it works, it's great, but when it doesn't, you end up overpaying for books. Jerad, on the other hand, decided long ago what he wanted Centipede books to look like, so, outside of the extremely high-end editions, the books are all constructed essentially the same way and you pretty much know exactly what you're getting when the price is announced.

Comment

It's crazy that the Peter Watts set sold out both signed and unsigned copies through newsletter only. I'm sure that Centipede's newsletter is rather expansive, but that was not what I was expecting from this set. It was a good price for sure, but I didn't think demand was that high. I am looking forward to my signed copies!

Comment

Working...
                                X