Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I was thinking of grabbing one of the unsigned copies but at only $25 less then the signed edition I decided to pass. Congratulations to everyone who got a copy of this.
    The unsigned are gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by One eyed cat View Post
      The unsigned are gone too.
      Yeah, I didn’t think those were going to last long.

Comment

On the bright side, now that the title is out of the “forthcoming” section, we get the first look at the cover of McDowell’s THE ELEMENTALS and it’s pretty darn cool. The creatures kinda look like the vampires from THE STRAIN and the creatures from THE DESCENT had babies...

Comment

Bam, Jumped on Vampire Junction!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I’ll pass on Somtow.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I’ll pass on Somtow.
              I was super tempted--especially with the way that Jerad bundled books--but then I decided to go after something else.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Me too.

I found my original paperback copy back at my parents' house this summer. Purchased June 17, 1986.

IMG_7633_1.jpg

IMG_7634-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  Me too.

I found my original paperback copy back at my parents' house this summer. Purchased June 17, 1986.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21725[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21726[/ATTACH]
                  So cool!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

For those on the fence, I’ve read BLOOD SECRETS by Craig Jones, and even have a signed first-edition hardcover with a long inscription from the author in it…and I still picked up the Centipede edition that was just announced and is shipping next week. This book is highly recommended, just an absolutely fantastic read.

Comment

Is it a straight thriller? Sounds interesting but I haven't collected anything from that genre.

For those on the fence, I’ve read BLOOD SECRETS by Craig Jones, and even have a signed first-edition hardcover with a long inscription from the author in it…and I still picked up the Centipede edition that was just announced and is shipping next week. This book is highly recommended, just an absolutely fantastic read.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Is it a straight thriller? Sounds interesting but I haven't collected anything from that genre.
                          In the sense that there is nothing supernatural, yes, it’s a thriller. However, I would label it more of a dark modern Gothic than a thriller. When I think of a thriller I think of either espionage or crime or domestic “Gone Girl” suspense, etc...something where suspense and narrative momentum propel the plot. This, however, is a distinctly dark (but fun and entertaining in a progressively macabre way) family gothic. It’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like it has some depth to it.

In the sense that there is nothing supernatural, yes, it’s a thriller. However, I would label it more of a dark modern Gothic than a thriller. When I think of a thriller I think of either espionage or crime or domestic “Gone Girl” suspense, etc...something where suspense and narrative momentum propel the plot. This, however, is a distinctly dark (but fun and entertaining in a progressively macabre way) family gothic. It’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like it has some depth to it.
                              I was interested in this one based on Jerad's write up. And it's only $50 which seems like a bargain. I did get an extra $100 at work on Friday . . .

Comment

I have a little extra scratch right now as well. It's making life difficult for me and my book addiction. I could use the money elsewhere but I keep buying books. Maybe one day I will be on a Hoarders special edition:Book Collectors.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                I was interested in this one based on Jerad's write up. And it's only $50 which seems like a bargain. I did get an extra $100 at work on Friday . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X