Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centipede will be releasing.....

Junior Member Visitor
    William F. Nolan
    Masters of the Weird Tale
    Sold out at Subterranean Press
    Last edited by Hellantoys; 06-07-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Well, Nolan’s MotWT volume sold FAST. It appears signed copies were never available on the website? I’m assuming this is one of those cases where demand was so high previous buyers were given a preorder window? In any case, I’m glad I’m a subscriber! I hope everyone who wanted a copy was able to get one!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, Nolanís MotWT volume sold FAST. It appears signed copies were never available on the website? Iím assuming this is one of those cases where demand was so high previous buyers were given a preorder window? In any case, Iím glad Iím a subscriber! I hope everyone who wanted a copy was able to get one!
    I'm not sure if it was. I bought the last few masters directly from them but I never got that email or anything. I was only able to buy a signed copy because somebody posted it was there in Sub press last week. I'm not sure what was going on with this book. And even now upon going to the home page it's still showing as forthcoming and can only go to the page through the email link.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    It was a pretty low print run I think??

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, Nolan’s MotWT volume sold FAST. It appears signed copies were never available on the website? I’m assuming this is one of those cases where demand was so high previous buyers were given a preorder window? In any case, I’m glad I’m a subscriber! I hope everyone who wanted a copy was able to get one!
    This was unusual...can’t recall any Centipede title going OP without first being offered at their site. I skipped Sub. Press’ offering because I thought they’d jumped the gun and I still had time to think about it for a direct offering today (Sun.), but that unfortunately wasn’t the way it worked out.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    It was a pretty low print run I think??
    Yes, but same as every other MotWT.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    This was unusual...can’t recall any Centipede title going OP without first being offered at their site. I skipped Sub. Press’ offering because I thought they’d jumped the gun and I still had time to think about it for a direct offering today (Sun.), but that unfortunately wasn’t the way it worked out.
    That’s exactly what I thought was going on. I was obviously wrong. Sorry you missed out.

Junior Member Visitor
    I found this text: "Centipede Press sent out a newsletter last weekend about this edition had a link right above the photo of the book. The signed copies were sold out by the next day."
    Someone knew something and did not say it. Maybe, i lost it.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I was thinking of grabbing one of the unsigned copies but at only $25 less then the signed edition I decided to pass. Congratulations to everyone who got a copy of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Same. Missed this one and will have to settle for the trade when and if they publish one.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I was thinking of grabbing one of the unsigned copies but at only $25 less then the signed edition I decided to pass. Congratulations to everyone who got a copy of this.
    The unsigned are gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by One eyed cat View Post
    The unsigned are gone too.
    Yeah, I didn’t think those were going to last long.

On the bright side, now that the title is out of the “forthcoming” section, we get the first look at the cover of McDowell’s THE ELEMENTALS and it’s pretty darn cool. The creatures kinda look like the vampires from THE STRAIN and the creatures from THE DESCENT had babies...