Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centipede will be releasing.....

Jeffery Thomas's Complete Punktown. It will be a Three Volume set, I'm all in on this one.

Toying with the idea. Not a urban fantasy ala China Melville fan -- a terroritory I gather Punktown treads to some degree, with perhaps a bit more of a horrorific slant -- but I have heard good things about Thomas' Punktown work, and I know the Centipede volume will be an attractive one, to say the least. Glad I have some time to think about it, as I'm really not sure about this one.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I passed on Punktown - have to watch the impulse purchases - of course, I did spend the $20 on the illustrated book Jerad's offering - $20 is a more manageable impulse amount.

Side note - I had to laugh that Jerad sent a personal note back on my receipt because he noticed I'm in Colorado now. That was actually pretty awesome of him to notice.

Comment

I'm excited about this one. The PUNKTOWN series has been on "To Buy" list for a while now and I'm happy Centipede is putting this out. Some reviews complain that the stories are too downbeat, which kind of gets me more excited for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I'm excited about this one. The PUNKTOWN series has been on "To Buy" list for a while now and I'm happy Centipede is putting this out. Some reviews complain that the stories are too downbeat, which kind of gets me more excited for it.
          I've loved all the punktown stories I've read so far, hoping I can afford this one at the time of release.

Comment

Never heard of this Jeffrey Thomas guy...

Comment

Well played friend, well played LOL!!

Comment

This is one I just might go after. I have the books and now sounds like a great time to start them and see if I would want to invest in this. Jeffrey Thomas has always been one of those authors who I am stuck in the middle with.

Comment

William F. Nolan
                  Masters of the Weird Tale
                  up for sale next weekend

I'm getting this for sure, retirement be damned LOL!!

Comment

I'm currently reading his Lost in Darkness and loving it! Cap

Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      William F. Nolan
                      up for sale next weekend

I'm getting this for sure, retirement be damned LOL!!
                      I guess not this weekend...?

Comment

William F. Nolan
                        I know someone knows something and has not said it. Why subterranean Press has it for sale and not Centipede Press?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellantoys View Post
                          William F. Nolan
                          I know someone knows something and has not said it. Why subterranean Press has it for sale and not Centipede Press?
                          Whoa..that's strange. I kept checking centipede all weekend and it's still not there. At any rate this works too, as long as I get to order somewhere lol. I'm sure though it's going to appear at centipede very soon.
                          Last edited by WebInterceptor; 06-04-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

The book is listed as Sub Press, but it hasn't been announced publicly to the best of my knowledge. I think this is a case of the book was planned on being up for sale this past weekend with Sub Press offering copies for sale afterward as is their custom. Probably just a little setback on Centipede's end that has caused the delay. I'm sure that Centipede will be opening this up for sale soon.

On a side note, not completely sold on the cover artwork for this one, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing a deep dive into Mr. Nolan's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              The book is listed as Sub Press, but it hasn't been announced publicly to the best of my knowledge. I think this is a case of the book was planned on being up for sale this past weekend with Sub Press offering copies for sale afterward as is their custom. Probably just a little setback on Centipede's end that has caused the delay. I'm sure that Centipede will be opening this up for sale soon.

On a side note, not completely sold on the cover artwork for this one, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing a deep dive into Mr. Nolan's work.
                              Guess the cover is slightly weird in pics.. But anyways been waiting for this book sometime, had to pre-order it and forfeit some other books...Oh well, couldn't let this get away. Can't wait to get my hands on it as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X