Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centipede will be releasing.....

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar

Centipede will be releasing.....

Jeffery Thomas's Complete Punktown. It will be a Three Volume set, I'm all in on this one.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Toying with the idea. Not a urban fantasy ala China Melville fan -- a terroritory I gather Punktown treads to some degree, with perhaps a bit more of a horrorific slant -- but I have heard good things about Thomas' Punktown work, and I know the Centipede volume will be an attractive one, to say the least. Glad I have some time to think about it, as I'm really not sure about this one.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I passed on Punktown - have to watch the impulse purchases - of course, I did spend the $20 on the illustrated book Jerad's offering - $20 is a more manageable impulse amount.

Side note - I had to laugh that Jerad sent a personal note back on my receipt because he noticed I'm in Colorado now. That was actually pretty awesome of him to notice.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I'm excited about this one. The PUNKTOWN series has been on "To Buy" list for a while now and I'm happy Centipede is putting this out. Some reviews complain that the stories are too downbeat, which kind of gets me more excited for it.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm excited about this one. The PUNKTOWN series has been on "To Buy" list for a while now and I'm happy Centipede is putting this out. Some reviews complain that the stories are too downbeat, which kind of gets me more excited for it.
    I've loved all the punktown stories I've read so far, hoping I can afford this one at the time of release.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Well played friend, well played LOL!!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    This is one I just might go after. I have the books and now sounds like a great time to start them and see if I would want to invest in this. Jeffrey Thomas has always been one of those authors who I am stuck in the middle with.

William F. Nolan
    Masters of the Weird Tale
    up for sale next weekend

I'm getting this for sure, retirement be damned LOL!!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I'm currently reading his Lost in Darkness and loving it! Cap

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    William F. Nolan
    up for sale next weekend

I'm getting this for sure, retirement be damned LOL!!
    I guess not this weekend...?

Junior Member Visitor
    William F. Nolan
    I know someone knows something and has not said it. Why subterranean Press has it for sale and not Centipede Press?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellantoys View Post
    William F. Nolan
    I know someone knows something and has not said it. Why subterranean Press has it for sale and not Centipede Press?
    Whoa..that's strange. I kept checking centipede all weekend and it's still not there. At any rate this works too, as long as I get to order somewhere lol. I'm sure though it's going to appear at centipede very soon.
    Last edited by WebInterceptor; 06-04-2019 at 12:28 PM.

The book is listed as Sub Press, but it hasn't been announced publicly to the best of my knowledge. I think this is a case of the book was planned on being up for sale this past weekend with Sub Press offering copies for sale afterward as is their custom. Probably just a little setback on Centipede's end that has caused the delay. I'm sure that Centipede will be opening this up for sale soon.

On a side note, not completely sold on the cover artwork for this one, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing a deep dive into Mr. Nolan's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    The book is listed as Sub Press, but it hasn't been announced publicly to the best of my knowledge. I think this is a case of the book was planned on being up for sale this past weekend with Sub Press offering copies for sale afterward as is their custom. Probably just a little setback on Centipede's end that has caused the delay. I'm sure that Centipede will be opening this up for sale soon.

On a side note, not completely sold on the cover artwork for this one, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing a deep dive into Mr. Nolan's work.
    Guess the cover is slightly weird in pics.. But anyways been waiting for this book sometime, had to pre-order it and forfeit some other books...Oh well, couldn't let this get away. Can't wait to get my hands on it as well.

Debating hard on this one. I'm a huge Nolan fan, but then I look at my shelf with every collection he's ever released already on it, and I have to wonder to myself it's really a wise buy. Love to have this big, fat testament to his work, though. Guess with the Centipede delay I still have a (little less than a) week to think about it...

Junior Member Visitor
    Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value. In my opinion, the cover seems a bit disappointing. The artist is David Ho, he will also make the cover for Chilhood's End. Maybe for Chilhood's End I would have preferred Bob Eggleton who illustrated the previous Arthur C. Clarke books. However, I will buy them, the content will be excellent.
    Last edited by Hellantoys; 06-04-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value.
    The unsigned overruns never have as much value as the true signed 1sts on the aftermarket, and one can never count on there even being an overrun of unsigned examples...my experience with the press is most Centipede titles don't have one.

Junior Member Visitor
    In the Masters of Weird Tales, at least in the last two (Arthur J. Burks and Robert Aickman), there were unsigned copies for sale.

Junior Member Visitor
    Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value. In my opinion, the cover seems a bit disappointing. The artist is David Ho, he will also make the cover for Chilhood's End. Maybe for Chilhood's End I would have preferred Bob Eggleton who illustrated the previous Arthur C. Clarke books. However, I will buy them, the content will be excellent.

It's not personal. I love the cover that David Ho is doing for The Best of Greg Egan of Subterranean Press. So...