No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debating hard on this one. I'm a huge Nolan fan, but then I look at my shelf with every collection he's ever released already on it, and I have to wonder to myself it's really a wise buy. Love to have this big, fat testament to his work, though. Guess with the Centipede delay I still have a (little less than a) week to think about it...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value. In my opinion, the cover seems a bit disappointing. The artist is David Ho, he will also make the cover for Chilhood's End. Maybe for Chilhood's End I would have preferred Bob Eggleton who illustrated the previous Arthur C. Clarke books. However, I will buy them, the content will be excellent.
      Last edited by Hellantoys; 06-04-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellantoys View Post
        Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value.
        The unsigned overruns never have as much value as the true signed 1sts on the aftermarket, and one can never count on there even being an overrun of unsigned examples...my experience with the press is most Centipede titles don't have one.

Comment

In the Masters of Weird Tales, at least in the last two (Arthur J. Burks and Robert Aickman), there were unsigned copies for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellantoys View Post
            Apparently this will be sold quickly, i wonder if the unsigned ones will also have the same value. In my opinion, the cover seems a bit disappointing. The artist is David Ho, he will also make the cover for Chilhood's End. Maybe for Chilhood's End I would have preferred Bob Eggleton who illustrated the previous Arthur C. Clarke books. However, I will buy them, the content will be excellent.

It's not personal. I love the cover that David Ho is doing for The Best of Greg Egan of Subterranean Press. So...

Comment

William F. Nolan
              Masters of the Weird Tale
              Sold out at Subterranean Press
              Last edited by Hellantoys; 06-07-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Well, Nolan’s MotWT volume sold FAST. It appears signed copies were never available on the website? I’m assuming this is one of those cases where demand was so high previous buyers were given a preorder window? In any case, I’m glad I’m a subscriber! I hope everyone who wanted a copy was able to get one!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Well, Nolan’s MotWT volume sold FAST. It appears signed copies were never available on the website? I’m assuming this is one of those cases where demand was so high previous buyers were given a preorder window? In any case, I’m glad I’m a subscriber! I hope everyone who wanted a copy was able to get one!
                  I'm not sure if it was. I bought the last few masters directly from them but I never got that email or anything. I was only able to buy a signed copy because somebody posted it was there in Sub press last week. I'm not sure what was going on with this book. And even now upon going to the home page it's still showing as forthcoming and can only go to the page through the email link.

Comment

It was a pretty low print run I think??

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      This was unusual...can’t recall any Centipede title going OP without first being offered at their site. I skipped Sub. Press’ offering because I thought they’d jumped the gun and I still had time to think about it for a direct offering today (Sun.), but that unfortunately wasn’t the way it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        It was a pretty low print run I think??
                        Yes, but same as every other MotWT.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          This was unusual...can’t recall any Centipede title going OP without first being offered at their site. I skipped Sub. Press’ offering because I thought they’d jumped the gun and I still had time to think about it for a direct offering today (Sun.), but that unfortunately wasn’t the way it worked out.
                          That’s exactly what I thought was going on. I was obviously wrong. Sorry you missed out.

Comment

I found this text: "Centipede Press sent out a newsletter last weekend about this edition had a link right above the photo of the book. The signed copies were sold out by the next day."
                            Someone knew something and did not say it. Maybe, i lost it.

Comment

I was thinking of grabbing one of the unsigned copies but at only $25 less then the signed edition I decided to pass. Congratulations to everyone who got a copy of this.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Same. Missed this one and will have to settle for the trade when and if they publish one.

Comment

Working...
                                X