No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your concern. I feel bad making this about me. It's not. It's affecting all of us and nothing's happened to impact me financially (yet) and I am extremely fortunate to be in a line of work where I can work entirely from home. My company just had a very honest talk about the future and since we serve higher ed predominantly, things look rocky at best. I'm passing on some books until I know more about what waits for me on the other side of this lockdown. Just like a lot of you. My thoughts are with you all.

Comment

Wish you the best. I think I live my life against rocky shores so, while I'm a little more strained then normal, this is all just froth and churn to me.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Thank you all for your concern. I feel bad making this about me. It's not. It's affecting all of us and nothing's happened to impact me financially (yet) and I am extremely fortunate to be in a line of work where I can work entirely from home. My company just had a very honest talk about the future and since we serve higher ed predominantly, things look rocky at best. I'm passing on some books until I know more about what waits for me on the other side of this lockdown. Just like a lot of you. My thoughts are with you all.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        No worries, you did not make it about you. You simply mentioned your current situation which I for one appreciate.

Comment

In case anyone missed this:

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

Our edition of Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes is hitting the bindery this week. An oversize book, printed in color throughout, with a special gallery of old edition artwork, this book has an introduction by Neil Gaiman, wood engravings by Vladimir Zimakov, stereoscopic illustrations (with a viewer!) by David Ho, dustjacket artwork by Matt Mahurin, and is signed by Gaiman, Mahurin, Zimakov, and Ho. It also comes in a capped slipcase.
          It is also one of more expensive items, due here in late May, right in the middle of a pandemic. If you want to be on the early notify list, please let me know. Anticipated retail is around $450.

Comment

Centipede has a lot of high price items coming out this year, including SOMETHING WICKED, DUNE, MotWT Ramsey Campbell... This is gonna be an expensive year. Anybody have an idea of the dimensions of SOMETHING WICKED? It would be nice if it was the same size as HAUNTING. At $450 I’m sure it’s going to be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Centipede has a lot of high price items coming out this year, including SOMETHING WICKED, DUNE, MotWT Ramsey Campbell... This is gonna be an expensive year. Anybody have an idea of the dimensions of SOMETHING WICKED? It would be nice if it was the same size as HAUNTING. At $450 I’m sure it’s going to be very nice.
              I'm assuming it'll be the same oversized dimensions as HAUNTING, but that's just a guess based on the fact that they're coming/came out at roughly the same time period. But who knows...Jerad always keep things interesting with different dimensions and designs...it's one of the (many) things that always makes his books something special, that little bit of surprise.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                How much was their version of Haunting? That's a very beautiful book from all the photos I've seen, but the darn thing was sold out before I had a chance to consider it.

Definitely looking forward to Something Wicked though!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                  How much was their version of Haunting? That's a very beautiful book from all the photos I've seen, but the darn thing was sold out before I had a chance to consider it.

Definitely looking forward to Something Wicked though!
                  HAUNTING was $625. It’s a pretty steep price but the book is incredibly nice. The capped slipcase is impressive, gives the best of both worlds of a slipcase and a traycase. Not to mention the book is freaking huge. I have it laying on its side on my bookshelf cause it’s too tall. I don’t know if I’m quite sold on the illustrations, but art is very subjective.

I’m hoping that Jerad has something equally as extravagant planned for Straub’s GHOST STORY.

Comment

The Bedeviled by Thomas Cullinan is now up for sale, for any interested parties.

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/bedeviled.html

Comment

The Bedeviled by Thomas Cullinan is now up for sale, for any interested parties.

Ordered. Thanks for the heads-up on this early offer.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        I couldn't resist either!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                          I couldn't resist either!
                          Yep. I’m all in.

Comment

The latest newsletter just went out. Looks like Dune is August at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                              The latest newsletter just went out. Looks like Dune is August at the earliest.
                              ALSO he's doing 2 more Blackburn and Woolrich books. AND LIVE GIRLS by Ray Garton!

Comment

What a list of major and minor classics, Masters of the Weird Tale by Charles L. Grant, A Case of Conscience by James Blish,The Punktown Trilogy by Jonathan Thomas and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. He's going all out this year!!

Comment

Working...
                                X