Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Ditto on Falling Angel. I have the Millipede HC, but Jerad's production values have come a long way since then, and as it's one of my favorite reads, I have no problem buying a THIRD nice edition (Heck, the Harcourt Brace trade 1st ain't too shabby!). I really hope the sequel is satisfying, and leaves a good legacy for Hjortsberg.
    That’s where I am at, too. I have a very nice first-edition hardcover, and I have the signed and numbered Millipede hardcover… Trying very hard to convince myself that I need a third version of the book, but not so sure. Of course, if I don’t, I’m not sure I can order the sequel by itself… I seem to recall it was as a set only.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      In this, the Age of Waiting for Jerad to Announce Dune is Up for Preorder, does anyone else get paranoid when there's not a newsletter? I worry it somehow got filtered to spam and I'll end up missing my chance.
      Me too! I have a CP folder in my email, and I kept waiting for the newsletter...it's feeling like it's time for a Dune announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Yeah you named it, I'm waiting for the Falling Angel set.
        Originally posted by swintek View Post
        Ditto on Falling Angel. I have the Millipede HC, but Jerad's production values have come a long way since then, and as it's one of my favorite reads, I have no problem buying a THIRD nice edition (Heck, the Harcourt Brace trade 1st ain't too shabby!). I really hope the sequel is satisfying, and leaves a good legacy for Hjortsberg.
        Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        That’s where I am at, too. I have a very nice first-edition hardcover, and I have the signed and numbered Millipede hardcover… Trying very hard to convince myself that I need a third version of the book, but not so sure. Of course, if I don’t, I’m not sure I can order the sequel by itself… I seem to recall it was as a set only.
        I missed out on the Millipede hardcover so I'm definitely on board with this set. The original has such a solid reputation, I'm hoping that the sequel holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          Me too! I have a CP folder in my email, and I kept waiting for the newsletter...it's feeling like it's time for a Dune announcement.
          As much as I want that announcement as well, my bank account needs a bit to recover after paying for Hill House. It's not listed in the "Forthcoming" section yet, but with a book of this demand, it probably be offered for sale with no other lead up on the site. Does anybody have any design insights? Last I heard, Jerad was thinking about having all copies in a traycase and not just the deluxe edition. Don't know if that is coming to fruition or not.

Comment

Are you kidding me?? Another great deal from Centipede Press. This one was a complete surprise to me.
            http://www.centipedepress.com/masterssf/msfwilhelm.html

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Are you kidding me?? Another great deal from Centipede Press. This one was a complete surprise to me.
              http://www.centipedepress.com/masterssf/msfwilhelm.html
              Me, too. I’m not collecting this MASTERS OF SCIENCE FICTION series per se, but definitely snagged this one. I haven’t read much Wilhelm, and it’s high time I did.

Comment

This is something I would have jumped on pre-apocalypse--like the Watts set. But after my last all-staff meeting (which was a zoom conference with over 40 muted and terrified videos of wide-eyed people) I'm scared penniless. Seems my company is due for a much darker, gritty reboot of 2009. Only in this one, you can't go out and look for a job because human contact is forbidden.

Comment

This is something I would have jumped on pre-apocalypse--like the Watts set. But after my last all-staff meeting (which was a zoom conference with over 40 muted and terrified videos of wide-eyed people) I'm scared penniless. Seems my company is due for a much darker, gritty reboot of 2009. Only in this one, you can't go out and look for a job because human contact is forbidden.
                  Sorry to hear that. Hope things stabilize soon and work out the best for you and your family.

Comment

It's scary out there - I'm sorry to hear about the wide-eyed Zoom meeting.

Comment

Everybody just needs to take a deep virus free breath!!!

Comment

Jeff, sorry to hear it...hope your company manages to weather things without negative impact to you and others.

Comment

Sorry Jeff. As others have said I hope th I vs then around for your company and for you. Friday .just have been the room and gloom day as we were told that for now we are still essential employees but it can be decided at anytime that we are no longer essential. We are all in for a bumpy ride through the summer at least I fear

Comment

I too am sorry to hear about this Jeff. I wish you the best of luck Jeff. Where I live and work in Mariposa County, we are fairly isolated. I checked again yesterday and there still no confirmed Covid19 cases in Mariposa County. I'm glad that I have been pretty well behaved and have a few financial nest eggs scattered around and I have only two monthly bills and practically zero, under $50, credit card debt.

Cap
                            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this, sir! These are absolutely crazy times to be living in.

For what it is worth, I hope that at least you and your loved ones are healthy. The market will bounce back and money can be regained, but it's important to stay safe, so we can all make it through this.

Comment

Hope your company doesn't have to go through a recession scenario. Exactly the reason I had to forego suntup book.. can't buy expensive books at the moment, wiser to keep the money for whatever uncertainty the future holds.

Comment

Working...
                                X