Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Centipede will be releasing.....

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Book received. I was a little concerned until I saw the tip in at the back of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ordered. Seemed like a great deal from a press I've always wanted something from. Thanks for the heads-up!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Guys, if you haven't got this yet it is still available for $20.00, $20.00, you won't get a better deal from Centipede. I saw someone selling it online for $85.00.
    Our Steve Rasnic Tem collection, The Night Doctor, is still on sale for just $20. With 336 pages of new fiction, this is the bargain of the year.
    In The Night Doctor And Other Tales, you will encounter the most haunting figures ever to cross Tem’s imagination: a man obsessed with his own breath and the breathing he hears that is not his own; a husband waiting for his wife as new bodies appear at the bottom of his yard; a weekend fisherman and the unseen man sharing his fishing hut; a loyal husband dealing with the latest changes in his wife’s physical appearance; a strange widower in his house by the sea; a devoted mother trying to protect her son from the nightmares of the past; a son returning to a dreaded summer vacation spot; a grandfather protecting his grandchildren from a legacy of dark transformations; and, in the title story, an elderly man awaits the visit of a mysterious family physician.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Guys, if you haven't got this yet it is still available for $20.00, $20.00, you won't get a better deal from Centipede. I saw someone selling it online for $85.00.
    I FINALLY snagged my copy this morning - along with the Bram Stoker collection. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't pull the trigger on the signed copy, especially since I would have been (hopefully) able to match my number to the other Tem collection (which also matches his wife's collection fro CP.)

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I FINALLY snagged my copy this morning - along with the Bram Stoker collection. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't pull the trigger on the signed copy, especially since I would have been (hopefully) able to match my number to the other Tem collection (which also matches his wife's collection fro CP.)
    Great quality for value on both titles!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Anyone else take advantage of Jerad’s newsletter-only presale yesterday?

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I considered it, but didn't go for it in the end. I'm saving my pennies for Dune and whatever Paul comes out with next.

I did reserve the books at my local library, as I haven't read them, or anything else by that author.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I considered it, but didn't go for it in the end. I'm saving my pennies for Dune and whatever Paul comes out with next.

I did reserve the books at my local library, as I haven't read them, or anything else by that author.
    This is where I am.

I think you can read the first book for free on the author's website.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    No, too much good stuff coming up. I always hate passing on CP releases, but this one was easier for me than most.

Junior Member Visitor Black Miau's Avatar
    I have mine, I couldn't let it go.

“Stars, everywhere. So many stars that I could not for the life me understand how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.” - Blindsight by Peter Watts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Absolutely! And I'm really looking forward to the crime Novels he has coming out!

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    This is where I am.

I think you can read the first book for free on the author's website.
    Thanks for the tip. You can actually download the epub version for free, so I have it on my kindle queue now.

Link for anyone who wants a copy - https://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I'm on board as well. This isn't normally my thing, but the description of is definitely interesting. I'm also of the mindset if what Centipede is offering sounds remotely interesting, buy it and if you don't like it sell it on the aftermarket. The flip side is my futile battle with finding a reasonably priced copy of A Mountain Walked. It was like $150-ish when published, I hesitated, missed out, and now it goes for stupid amounts on the aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Absolutely! And I'm really looking forward to the crime Novels he has coming out!
    Me too. I don't have enough crime fiction in my reading diet.

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm on board as well. This isn't normally my thing, but the description of is definitely interesting. I'm also of the mindset if what Centipede is offering sounds remotely interesting, buy it and if you don't like it sell it on the aftermarket. The flip side is my futile battle with finding a reasonably priced copy of A Mountain Walked. It was like $150-ish when published, I hesitated, missed out, and now it goes for stupid amounts on the aftermarket.
    Stupidly, I too passed on the limited of A MOUNTAIN WALKED at $150 (despite Jerad's reassurance that I wouldn't regret it if I bought it). Then, realizing what I had done, managed to barely score one of the unsigned editions- at $100. Then- years later- bought a loose signed limitation sheet- for $50- and just have no visible way to tip the sucker in. It's complicated. This was a valuable lesson- always trust Jerad. And, it is seriously one of the most luxurious books I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't know what tops it. I always show it off when talking to folks about book design. Conversely, despite DRP's promise to equal the previous volume in design- their RED BRAIN- at $200!- was completely uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Stupidly, I too passed on the limited of A MOUNTAIN WALKED at $150 (despite Jerad's reassurance that I wouldn't regret it if I bought it). Then, realizing what I had done, managed to barely score one of the unsigned editions- at $100. Then- years later- bought a loose signed limitation sheet- for $50- and just have no visible way to tip the sucker in. It's complicated. This was a valuable lesson- always trust Jerad. And, it is seriously one of the most luxurious books I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't know what tops it. I always show it off when talking to folks about book design. Conversely, despite DRP's promise to equal the previous volume in design- their RED BRAIN- at $200!- was completely uninspiring.
    I'm glad I'm not alone. At least you were able to pull together the copy you have. I was wondering if DRP's RED BRAIN would hit the same level as Centipede's book. It is unfortunate they weren't able to do so. I do like DRP's books, I just don't pull the trigger on a lot of them.

I can say, I rarely regret buying a book. Actually Ron and I regretted buying the same book not to long ago lol! But seriously, as one of our friends on here said, we aren't millionaires and sometimes we have to make choices. I haven't gone wrong with a Centipede, Cemetery Dance book yet.

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone. At least you were able to pull together the copy you have. I was wondering if DRP's RED BRAIN would hit the same level as Centipede's book. It is unfortunate they weren't able to do so. I do like DRP's books, I just don't pull the trigger on a lot of them.
    Eh, "completely" uninspiring was a bit unfair comment on RED BRAIN. It's... fairly nice? On it's own, I'd probably be a lot kinder to it (though, perhaps at say- $125), but as a follow up to AMW- it just pales. But- so does pretty much every other book, so.. Actually, their previous Lovecraftian Anthology- DREAMS FROM THE WITCH HOUSE (although released after in hardcover format) is beautifully designed and on heavy weight glossy paper- and comes quite a bit closer to what Jerad was trying to do with AMW. That book- in either trade paperback or the recent (finally!) signed HC- is gorgeous. DRP seems to be hit and miss. I want them to get better and be a press that consistently produces nice books. We'll see!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I have the S/L of A MOUNTAIN WALKED, and it is indeed a beautiful volume.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I like DRP a lot but they're still trying to establish their position, and as a result tend to experiment quite a bit. When it works, it's great, but when it doesn't, you end up overpaying for books. Jerad, on the other hand, decided long ago what he wanted Centipede books to look like, so, outside of the extremely high-end editions, the books are all constructed essentially the same way and you pretty much know exactly what you're getting when the price is announced.

It's crazy that the Peter Watts set sold out both signed and unsigned copies through newsletter only. I'm sure that Centipede's newsletter is rather expansive, but that was not what I was expecting from this set. It was a good price for sure, but I didn't think demand was that high. I am looking forward to my signed copies!