Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I’ve struggled with this over the last few years as I tend to only read one book at a time, but since I like to read on my lunch breaks and I don’t want to carry around limited editions, I’ve had to start reading two books at a time. This tends to slow the momentum of both reads.
    I've had that problem too, and what I started doing is reading the S/L book at home, and reading either a non-fiction or short story book on the kindle. I find it easy to jump in and out of an anthology, or read a few chapters of non-fiction and come back to it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I've had that problem too, and what I started doing is reading the S/L book at home, and reading either a non-fiction or short story book on the kindle. I find it easy to jump in and out of an anthology, or read a few chapters of non-fiction and come back to it later.
      I'm a slow reader currently, reading two big books. I'll read a few chapters in one book and than switch to the other book to give myself a break. During this time when I have not been working I've watched 5 or 6? DVDs.

Cap
      Last edited by c marvel; 04-29-2020, 01:32 PM.
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimm View Post
        If i remember correctly Kingdom of the Children will be letterpress limited to 100. Anyone else recall the same?
        That sounds right but I couldn’t find any info on the limitation in old newsletters. It is going to be letterpress, though.

Comment

You may have seen in the newsletter, but there are unsigned copies available of Blindsight by Peter Watts. It is the vastly superior of the two novels, and it is quite a steal at $39!

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/blindsightu.html

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            You may have seen in the newsletter, but there are unsigned copies available of Blindsight by Peter Watts. It is the vastly superior of the two novels, and it is quite a steal at $39!

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/blindsightu.html
            I passed on the signed/numbered set, but this trade of the one I was interested in reading (of the two) was an offer I couldn’t refuse. Looks like it’s sold out now…I grabbed mine on Sunday, and was surprised to see that the offer lasted for a few days.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great News the The Bradbury title and The Falling Angel set have been delayed! I'm only saying that because I get to keep some cash in my pockets LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Great News the The Bradbury title and The Falling Angel set have been delayed! I'm only saying that because I get to keep some cash in my pockets LOL!!
                What do you think of Jerad doing a smaller Hill House?

Comment

I think a number of people missed out on that title and he's trying to offer folks an affordable option. Similar to what he's done with The Library of Weird Fiction series.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I want to be interested but then I remembered that the story wasn’t any good. So money saved!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      I want to be interested but then I remembered that the story wasn’t any good. So money saved!
                      Same here, it's just not a story that interested me, no matter how well written.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        I'd love to get in on a cheaper edition, so I'm all for it!
                        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Depending on price, I’d probably go for it. I loved the look of the oversized original, and was sorry I had to pass on it. Thay said, as a trade HC , albeit a fancy one, it’d have to be priced attractively.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have the oversized Centipede edition of HAUNTING so I don’t have a lot of interest in another edition. I think that it would be nice for those that weren’t able to get the oversized edition to have a more budget-friendly edition.

I’m more excited for SOMETHING WICKED now that we have more design information. Sounds like it will be a design sibling to HAUNTING, which I think is awesome. Give me a whole shelf of these editions, please! If this design did become a line of sorts for Centipede, anybody have any thoughts as to what should join the ranks of HAUNTING and SOMETHING WICKED?

Comment

FALLING ANGEL/ANGEL’S INFERNO set going up for preorder next week. $225 for the slipcase set which is well within my expected parameters. I’m looking forward to reading both. FALLING ANGEL will be a reread. I remember liking it, but was rather disoriented through that reading as I was so familiar with the film adaptation that I kept comparing the two to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                FALLING ANGEL/ANGEL’S INFERNO set going up for preorder next week. $225 for the slipcase set which is well within my expected parameters. I’m looking forward to reading both. FALLING ANGEL will be a reread. I remember liking it, but was rather disoriented through that reading as I was so familiar with the film adaptation that I kept comparing the two to one another.
                                Yeah it's been ages since I saw that movie (LOVED it and Lisa Bonet!) so I am all primed for this read.

Comment

Working...
                                X