No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, darnit, Ron- unfortunately, I'd have to call those impressions "flaws", as slight as they may be. I'm sorry to say that I just wouldn't be comfortable with those. I do appreciate you checking it first and showing me here exactly what you have. I'm sure the picture shows worse than the casual eye (especially mine these days), but I really do want as "perfect" a copy as possible.

*edited to add: those red dots don't bother me a bit. But, the impressions probably would, unfortunately.
    Last edited by swintek; 08-27-2023, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
      Well, darnit, Ron- unfortunately, I'd have to call those impressions "flaws", as slight as they may be. I'm sorry to say that I just wouldn't be comfortable with those. I do appreciate you checking it first and showing me here exactly what you have. I'm sure the picture shows worse than the casual eye (especially mine these days), but I really do want as "perfect" a copy as possible.

*edited to add: those red dots don't bother me a bit. But, the impressions probably would, unfortunately.
      Don’t blame you a bit, Ron — what I found on my copy is a surprise and disappointment to us both. Thanks anyway for the shot at the trade.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

EDIT: Moved to eBay (oh, and when I took them off the shelf to photograph them for the auction, it turns out the numbers of the two Centipede volumes were not matching, after all). Still feel free to make me an offer here (not eBay) if interested.

Before I put these books up on eBay, I thought I'd check here and see if anyone is interested in my three ENDER'S books by Orson Scott Card:

SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD and ENDER'S WAY, both Centipede signed and numbered editions, both unread and in Fine/Fine condition, each in capped slipcase as issued, and with matching numbers. Both are unread...I carefully flipped through each of these beautiful productions to admire the craftsmanship and artwork before shelving them behind the glass of my lawyer's/barrister's bookcase, but both remain unread and pristine. It's time to admit that I'm probably never going to read these, and I already have one Centipede SF series (DUNE) that I'm buying with little likelihood of reading any time soon, so it's time to free up some shelf space and cash. Rights go with these, should Jerad publish any other Card books, as I won't be buying them...time, I think, to admit SF really isn't my bag.

I also have ENDER'S GAME, a signed Easton Press HC, in dark blue leather with gold page gilt, ribbon bookmark, in Fine condition, signed and with all the usual CoA stuff Easton issues. I did read this one before shelving it behind glass, but did so carefully and the binding is still tight and the book presents as unread.

The only signed and slipcased Centipede set I see on eBay at the moment is priced at $900 for SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD and ENDER'S WAY. That seems high to me...if interested, make me a reasonable offer for the three-book set and let's show that overpriced eBay seller how it's done.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 09-12-2023, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Am I correct that there was no newsletter this week?

Comment

I didn’t get one either.

I think Jerad is doing a big newsletter the first Sunday of the month, and then smaller, announcement oriented newsletters throughout the month as needed.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Am I correct that there was no newsletter this week?
              Correct, no newsletter this week.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on one.

Comment

Working...
                X