Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    A Bram Stoker book? Is Centipede Press the publisher? What is the title of this book? I do know Swan River Press has published Old Hoggen and Other Adventures by Bram Stoker.

Cap
    It is an edition of their Library of Weird Fiction series.

Here are the specifics:
    Introduction by S. T. Joshi.
    Massive, 782-page, low-cost edition of Stoker’s best stories.
    Includes two complete novels: Dracula and The Jewel of Seven Stars.
    Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, full black cloth binding.
    Embossed Bram Stoker signature on front board.
    Gorgeous dustjacket.
    Photographs of Bram Stoker.
    Published November 2019.
    ISBN 978-1-61347-237-8.
    Book size 5¾ × 9 inches.
    Number of pages: 782.
    pricing
    Cloth in dustjacket, unsigned: $45 (on sale from $50)
    http://www.centipedepress.com/masters/stokerlwf.html

It really is a good deal. I am considering this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I’m also down for that edition of Hill House.

Jeff, didn’t you pull the trigger on the Suntup edition? If so, I think you need to pick up the Centipede version as well so we can see a side-by-side comparison video.
      Originally posted by Martin View Post
      A second that suggestion. Jeff this is a must have video, please get on that.
      This is a fantastic idea! Happy to do it! Get Jerad to send one my way and you will definitely get an eyeful. I'll even accept a PC copy!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        This is a fantastic idea! Happy to do it! Get Jerad to send one my way and you will definitely get an eyeful. I'll even accept a PC copy!
        Well, that did not go as planned.

Comment

Well, that did not go as planned.
          hahaha, I'm typically not a buyer of books costing more than $500. Suntup made me break that rule, but I'm only allowing myself the one exception. There is one upcoming Centipede release I'm very interested in and I'm praying that it's under $200 otherwise I'll probably have to pass on that too.

I'm sure that Centipede's Hill House will be epic and much sought after and those who pass on it at $625 will be passing on it at its lowest price.

Comment

Enjoyed the unboxing, Jeff. I already had BLOOD SECRETS, of course, but now I have a nearly uncontrollable hankering for a narwhal.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Enjoyed the unboxing, Jeff. I already had BLOOD SECRETS, of course, but now I have a nearly uncontrollable hankering for a narwhal.
              Well, it is a TASTY stout. and at 10% ABV, it doesn't require more than one glass to take the edge off. I think tonight I will feature a different stout with my SST unboxing.

Comment

Well, it is a TASTY stout. and at 10% ABV, it doesn't require more than one glass to take the edge off. I think tonight I will feature a different stout with my SST unboxing.
                Okay, now I'm definitely running out this evening to grab a bottle of that narwhal, so can enjoy a pint of stout with you as you unbox (whenever it gets posted). Booktube? Beertube? Bah, we don't let labels define us, we're makin' our own 'tube scene.

Comment

hahaha, I'm typically not a buyer of books costing more than $500. Suntup made me break that rule, but I'm only allowing myself the one exception. There is one upcoming Centipede release I'm very interested in and I'm praying that it's under $200 otherwise I'll probably have to pass on that too.

I'm sure that Centipede's Hill House will be epic and much sought after and those who pass on it at $625 will be passing on it at its lowest price.
                  You have to spend money to make money. This could be the video that propels you to 'influencer' status. With that you will begin making money from your channel. Publishers will begin sending their books for free just to get the promotion. You will be able to retire from the day job and unbox books full time. Time to start thinking big man!

Comment

You have to spend money to make money. This could be the video that propels you to 'influencer' status. With that you will begin making money from your channel. Publishers will begin sending their books for free just to get the promotion. You will be able to retire from the day job and unbox books full time. Time to start thinking big man!
                    While all of that is true, I just watched Ed Lorn's unboxing video for the Suntup AGE of Horns. In the video he admits he's not familiar with Suntup and doesn't really get into who the publisher is and basically only talks about Cemetery Dance--even though Thunderstorm publishes his books (right? Am I wrong on this?). He does a good job unboxing the book but he doesn't have an elaborate kick-ass knife to compensate for his wimpiness and he's not drinking a stout. But HIS ad is monetized. And he didn't need to buy an expensive book to get the $$.

He's a really good guy. Seriously, I subscribe to his channel.

Comment

It is an edition of their Library of Weird Fiction series.

Here are the specifics:
                      Introduction by S. T. Joshi.
                      Massive, 782-page, low-cost edition of Stoker’s best stories.
                      Includes two complete novels: Dracula and The Jewel of Seven Stars.
                      Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, full black cloth binding.
                      Embossed Bram Stoker signature on front board.
                      Gorgeous dustjacket.
                      Photographs of Bram Stoker.
                      Published November 2019.
                      ISBN 978-1-61347-237-8.
                      Book size 5¾ × 9 inches.
                      Number of pages: 782.
                      pricing
                      Cloth in dustjacket, unsigned: $45 (on sale from $50)
                      http://www.centipedepress.com/masters/stokerlwf.html

It really is a good deal. I am considering this one.
                      I knew I was getting this so I didn’t really look at the details. Man, 782 pages is a beast of a book!

Comment

Yeah, I don’t have nearly that amount of pull with Jerad. If I’m lucky and Jerad’s feeling generous I might be able to use all of my pull to get a few more packaging popcorns in the box...

On another note, Centipede’s PC copies are cool because they are actually Numbered but in Roman Numerals.

Comment

It's hard to consider those PC copies at this point since more often than not they're used to supplement the standard edition if (when) Jerad oversells.

That's not meant to be a criticism, just a statement of facts.

Comment

The nice thing about having them issued with Roman numerals is that each one is singularly unique, much like regular numbered editions and very much unlike standard PC editions, of which there may be 10 or ?? issues of the book with the same “PC” designation.

Comment

After more thought, I just...can't consider them PC copies in the traditional sense. They're just a separate limitation that isn't offered for sale. It's honestly no different than when a publisher just holds the first X copies of a numbered edition back for private distribution.

Again, I'm not complaining: my copies of both Elric and Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser are red limitation copies, for example.

Comment

In case anybody is interested, Centipede’s edition of HILL HOUSE is up for sale: http://centipedepress.com/horror/hau...hillhouse.html

Comment

Working...
                                X