IF IT BLEEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received my copy from Powell's today. The cover looks better in person.
    I think the German cover is the best I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I think the German cover is the best I've seen.
      I have not seen a German edition. I do like the US cover over the UK version though.

Comment

Just got my "your King book will be there eventually" email.

Comment

I am so glad I went the www.powells.com route. I had a need to run to Costco yesterday evening and they did not have their copies yet.

Comment

Save about 30-40% off the price from barnes. Can be picked up directly from store.

Comment

Will probably pick up a copy the next time I go to Costco. Or may just wait until copies start to hit Half Price Books...the days of my picking up the new Stephen King as soon as it hits the streets are behind me...too many disappointments. In fact, I've probably only bought/read about 1/3 of his post-2000 work. That said, I've always enjoyed his novella work, so this is a book I plan to pick up.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Me too. I will hit Target up and grab one with a discount sticker on it. I have some Goo Gone that makes the sticker residue disappear.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Will probably pick up a copy the next time I go to Costco. Or may just wait until copies start to hit Half Price Books...the days of my picking up the new Stephen King as soon as it hits the streets are behind me...too many disappointments. In fact, I've probably only bought/read about 1/3 of his post-2000 work. That said, I've always enjoyed his novella work, so this is a book I plan to pick up.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Me too. I will hit Target up and grab one with a discount sticker on it. I have some Goo Gone that makes the sticker residue disappear.
                  Used that trick a time or two myself.

Comment

I did pay full retail by going through Powell's. My normal Costco purchase would have saved a few bucks. Of course since they do not have it yet I would have failed in that regard anyway. Since I have started using audible for the initial reads having it on (or at least near) release day should not matter, but it does.

I have gotten through the first three stories and like them all so far. If It Bleeds felt like a season 2 for The Outsider series.

Comment

I have now finished the Holly novella (If it Bleeds) and after a slow start, I really enjoyed it. All 3 stories so far have been hits for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                        I have now finished the Holly novella (If it Bleeds) and after a slow start, I really enjoyed it. All 3 stories so far have been hits for me.
                        I finished the book today. I agree with your assessment on If It Bleeds. In the beginning it just felt like an ode to Mr. Mercedes with no real meat. As it went along it became a follow-up to The Outsider and I really enjoyed it. I like all four stories but when compared to Kings other four novella collections it id not as good.
                        The stories in my order of enjoyment:
                        1. Mr. Harrigan's Phone (Four Stars, really good story)
                        2. If It Bleeds (Four Stars, but a little below Mr. Harrigan's Phone mostly related to a slow start)
                        3. Rat (Three Stars, another slow starter that did get good but not great)
                        4. The Life of Chuck (Three Stars, a decent story that just went nowhere)
                        I will openly admit that I am currently having difficulty staying focused and at times had to go back and listen again to parts. I will read the hardbound at some point and my views could change.

Comment

My copy arrived today from CD. Some people on TDT.org were asking if the copies from CD are first printings. Here is the indicia from my copy. I'm generally ignorant of such things, but does the number line indicate second printing? It matters not to me but I know some people are concerned with such details.

20200430_122245.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            My copy arrived today from CD. Some people on TDT.org were asking if the copies from CD are first printings. Here is the indicia from my copy. I'm generally ignorant of such things, but does the number line indicate second printing? It matters not to me but I know some people are concerned with such details.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22129[/ATTACH]
                            That is a first printing.

Comment

No, that's not a second printing...it starts with a "1" so it's a first printing. If the "1" was missing and it read "3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2" then it would be a second printing. If both the "1" and "2" were missing, then it would be a third printing...and so on.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                No, that's not a second printing...it starts with a "1" so it's a first printing. If the "1" was missing and it read "3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2" then it would be a second printing. If both the "1" and "2" were missing, then it would be a third printing...and so on.
                                Thank you, Martin and Ron! For some reason I was erroneously thinking that if the numbers were not in order it was not a first printing. Now I know better. We live and learn. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X