Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF IT BLEEDS

Hi All,
    Was online today and happened to notice that Stephen King has a new book coming out in 2020 called "If You Bleed." Looks like it is another Holly Gibney book which I am totally ok with as I liked the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and The Outsider. Hopefully more details will leak about this one soon. If anyone does hear anything about it, hope they will post that info here in the CD forum.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi All,
    Was online today and happened to notice that Stephen King has a new book coming out in 2020 called "If You Bleed." Looks like it is another Holly Gibney book which I am totally ok with as I liked the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and The Outsider. Hopefully more details will leak about this one soon. If anyone does hear anything about it, hope they will post that info here in the CD forum.
    I read recently that this one would primarily be a Holly Gibney story rather than just having her as a character. Looking forward to seeing where he takes her.

Comment

SK tweeted the correct title earlier today:

"The novel in which Holly Gibney stars, still very much in work, is actually called IF IT BLEEDS"

Comment

We all learned a while back that The Outsider was the Holly Gibney story.

We now know more about If It Bleeds:

If It Bleeds has received a new release date from Scribner. The collection of four new novellas from Stephen King, will be released on May 5th, 2020 according to the book’s newly updated pre-order page on Amazon.
        The four new novellas included in If It Bleeds will be:
        * Mr. Harrigan’s Phone
        * The Life of Chuck
        * Rat
        * If It Bleeds

We are also happy to report that the book comes in at 576 pages.

https://sechrestthings.com/stephen-k...ount-synopsis/

Comment

Also, Entertainment Weekly revealed the final cover art this morning.

if-it-bleeds-final.jpg

Article:

https://ew.com/books/2019/10/03/step...m_term=6525166

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
            Also, Entertainment Weekly revealed the final cover art this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21757[/ATTACH]

Article:

https://ew.com/books/2019/10/03/step...m_term=6525166
            I like that art.

Comment

Book and Book with Slipcase

https://www.cemeterydance.com/if-it-...phen-king.html

Just the slipcase

https://www.cemeterydance.com/if-it-...-slipcase.html

If you're in the CDCC 10 check your email before using these links.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

No chance I suppose on releasing loglines pertaining to the tales? I read that "Bleeds" might be a sequel to Outsider, but I myself can't say for certain.

I like King's novella-writing. Looking forward to this...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                  No chance I suppose on releasing loglines pertaining to the tales? I read that "Bleeds" might be a sequel to Outsider, but I myself can't say for certain.

I like King's novella-writing. Looking forward to this...
                  I have been unable to find details but Hodder & Stoughton posted this 'Four new irresistible stories from the master @StephenKing including a stand alone sequel to The Outsider'.

Comment

Pretty hefty book judging by the page count. Wonder if H&S is going to go nuts with the variants of this one too.

Comment

This looks to be the UK cover:

B4E8FB07EA4ADB553FC26E01A0666C48.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I have been unable to find details but Hodder & Stoughton posted this 'Four new irresistible stories from the master @StephenKing including a stand alone sequel to The Outsider'.
                        Thank you for the info. Pretty exciting about the sequel. With King also doing something of a sequel with The Stand in the TV series version (I guess something along the lines of helping write the last episode and discussing events after the end of the book), and with his Doctor Sleep from a few years back, I would love to see a novella (or even short story) continuation of It. From what I understand, a novel would definitely be out of the question. Which is fine, I'm sort of into shorter works these days because of considerations of time (as I'm sure many of us are)...

Comment

So on another thread I had mentioned that the release date had been moved from May 5th to April 28th. Well decided to order the hardbound via Powell's this morning and noticed the release date has moved again. It is now April 21st. Checked my Audible pre-order and it has also been moved to April 21st.

Comment

I'm curious to see how this collection does sales-wise. I mean, it's Stephen King, so I know it'll sell well regardless. But with bookstores being closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, I imagine that it might see lower sales numbers (presuming that not everyone will purchase an e-book, audiobook, or copy online).

I've got my copy ordered!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                              I'm curious to see how this collection does sales-wise. I mean, it's Stephen King, so I know it'll sell well regardless. But with bookstores being closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, I imagine that it might see lower sales numbers (presuming that not everyone will purchase an e-book, audiobook, or copy online).

I've got my copy ordered!
                              Here is the real question. Did the publisher reduce the print run or were these printed before society as we know it collapsed? What if we learn in a year that this is the smallest King 1st print run in decades? Are speculative collectors buying multiple copies out of the gate? How will the collecting world look at this book in the future if that happened? The fact that they are going with early release I am assuming the print run was not impacted and they want to get distributors a chance to start selling during the time they would normally be getting the books out to their retailers. That is my random speculation for the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X