Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LetterPress Publications

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    https://letterpresspublications.com

ORDERED!!!! ORDERED!!!! ORDERED!!!! ORDERED!!!!

That looks seriously gorgeous!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    An announcement so huge it broke the forum!

It sure didn't take Camelot Books very long to share the announcement both on Facebook and in their email newsletter.

Congrats on this huge initial offering, Brian! It is sure to be a hit. Order placed! 2862happydance-thumb.gif.23163b0539f4613d605203ebdbd358bb.gif

The bottom of the home page shows several examples of the art for the book. Gorgeous pieces!!

Junior Member Visitor
    So I'm curious about the purpose of this new venture when you already have Lonely Road Books, and they both appear to have the same goals?

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atariguy View Post
    So I'm curious about the purpose of this new venture when you already have Lonely Road Books, and they both appear to have the same goals?
    Brian talks about it here on his blog.

https://brianjamesfreeman.com/2019/0...-line-up-soon/
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Here is the link to the EW article:

https://ew.com/books/2019/05/15/step...ctors-edition/

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    BIG CONGRATS TO BJF!!! I love how he got all the small presses to assault my inbox at the same time. It creates a lot of buzz.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Ditto on the congrats! I have preordered a copy as well! Yep, thought it was funny to see four or five of my favorite small presses reach out to me about this today. The only hard part was deciding which one to use for the preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Ditto on the congrats! I have preordered a copy as well! Yep, thought it was funny to see four or five of my favorite small presses reach out to me about this today. The only hard part was deciding which one to use for the preorder.
    I ordered from CD. I figure it's "closest" to Brian.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    I went with Camelot because they seem to be my go to of late and I don't have to pay until it's ready to ship. I really love that aspect of their business.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Undecided on this one, but fortunately Brian's pre-order model through the end of May allows me some time to consider it.

I'm not big on either music or religious themes in horror fiction (though I know the latter is a long-standing and appropriate trope), and from what I understand REVIVAL has both. That said, the purported Machen and Lovecraft influences in the story have always intrigued me and thus I've never completely discounted buying/reading this one (though I've passed up $2 tpb copies, so my enthusiasm admittedly isn't high)...so perhaps that's what this opportunity should afford me, to finally read the thing in a lovely format. We'll see.

Either way, I wish Brian lots of success and fortune in his new venture...he's certainly starting off with a bang!
    Last edited by RonClinton; 05-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    I ordered from Cemetery Dance because of the CDCC discount.

I see at the bottom of this page it shows a lettered edition, but I did not see a lettered edition on the order page. Is that coming later, or did it sell out instantly?

https://letterpresspublications.com/...y-stephen-king

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I ordered from Cemetery Dance because of the CDCC discount.

I see at the bottom of this page it shows a lettered edition, but I did not see a lettered edition on the order page. Is that coming later, or did it sell out instantly?

https://letterpresspublications.com/...y-stephen-king
    It's sold out, but I'll get the page back up with all of the details soon. Still learning the ropes for my new store software and now to make a product unavailable, etc. (The Lettered Edition is NOT signed by SK, in case anyone is worried they missed out on that.)

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Undecided on this one, but fortunately Brian's pre-order model through the end of May allows me some time to consider it.

I'm not big on either music or religious themes in horror fiction (though I know the latter is a long-standing and appropriate trope), and from what I understand REVIVAL has both. That said, the purported Machen and Lovecraft influences in the story have always intrigued me and thus I've never completely discounted buying/reading this one (though I've passed up $2 tpb copies, so my enthusiasm admittedly isn't high)...so perhaps that's what this opportunity should afford me, to finally read the thing in a lovely format. We'll see.

Either way, I wish Brian lots of success and fortune in his new venture...he's certainly starting off with a bang!
    I remember enjoying the story when it first came but not loving it. Recently completed an Audible re-read and liked it more than I remember. I actually think it is generally an underrated King story. I ordered this before I read all the details about the book.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Great looking production and good book to kick things off with. Wish Brian all the best!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Congrats, I think it was quite an accomplishment to get a King title right of the bat. Well done and best of luck!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Congratulations on this new venture. I have ordered a copy. Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I ordered it from Camelot. It works better for me because Kim holds some books for me as I buy them and then ships them in bulk when I am ready. Saves on the ludicrous shipping costs from the USA to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I ordered it from Camelot. It works better for me because Kim holds some books for me as I buy them and then ships them in bulk when I am ready. Saves on the ludicrous shipping costs from the USA to Australia.
    Great to have a business that will work with you like that!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Ordered this from CD. I fully support and respect this model of a preorder based print run and hope that it pays off and can be the standard going forward, everyone gets the chance to own a copy. Way to go LetterPress Pub and of course Mr. Freeman.