Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Now that I have Sleeping Beauties in my greedy little hands (my hands are tiny for a man and my wrists are bird-like!) I gotta wonder if the materials used on the Tray Cased Numbered Edition are the same that will be used on Revival. The color looks very similar and I instantly thought of Revival when I took the jacket off of SB.
    The book and traycase surface reminds me of the Lonely Road edition of The Vampyricon Trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Nope. Brian said he was trying to use materials we don't usually use on CD projects to make Letterpress feel more distinct from the books CD produces.
      Ah. Ok. Well, I look forward to seeing how LP books turn out. Sleeping Beauties is damn impressive and I'm sure Revival will be too.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to post this on the LetterPress Publications website yet, but I did share it early with my Patreon supporters, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

One of the little things I've always enjoyed in the publishing and bookselling world are the odd (and sometimes very odd) promotional items publishers and film studios come up with for promoting their big projects.

This past weekend, I was just randomly thinking about the Duma Key promotional tennis balls that Scribner sent out in 2007 when I began to ponder some ideas for promotional items for the special edition of Revival...

On one hand, I don't need to produce any promotional items for Revival since both editions are guaranteed Sold Out on publication, but on the other hand it would be kind of fun to have a few items made just because... plus there are future books in the works that aren't written by Stephen King, and it would be smart to do a trial run to ensure these vendors meet my quality expectations, right??

That said, there are minimum runs and I don't need 25 or 50 of each thing sitting in my office forever, so what I'd like to do is send the Revival Promotion Items I have made right back out to random subscribers to the LetterPress Publications mailing list as my way of saying Thank You for their support.

Here's how it'll work:

1) Anyone who is a subscriber to the LetterPress Publications mailing list can enter ONCE for a chance to win something. I'll even pay shipping to whenever you live if you're a winner. Here is where you can sign-up for the mailing list if you're not already a subscriber:

https://letterpresspublications.com/pages/mailing-list

2) To enter this free giveaway, all you need to do is:

A) email me at [email protected] from the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS you subscribed to the LetterPress Publications mailing list with and...
        B) put LETTERPRESS PUB FREE PROMO ITEMS in the subject line and...
        C) include your full name and mailing address in the body, so I know where to send your item if you win!

3) Over the next six months or so, as I have promotional items made, I'll pick random emails from the promo email collection folder and send those people something for free. (Don't worry, I'll reply to your email and confirm that your address hasn't changed, so if you move and win, you'll still get your item so long as you reply!)

4) At the end of the six months, or when I'm done making promotional items, whichever comes first, I'll DELETE THE FOLDER with the emails. I have no intention of keeping your mailing addresses on file or anything like that.

This is all basically for fun, so there's no cost involved for anyone but me, and I hope people won't try to game the system by signing up a bunch of email addresses... and, of course, I will notice if John Smith from Small Town, West Virginia emails me his mailing address from eleven different Yahoo accounts, and I might just delete those emails for being annoying. Since this is for fun, I also make the rules. All the rules. My rules and my decisions are final. Thanks for understanding.

If anyone has any questions about the process outlined above, please just let me know. It will be a while before I have anything made because I'm fairly busy at the moment, so I'll post the info on the LetterPress Publications mailing list as the items arrive, which is one good reason to be a subscriber, among others.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Best,
        Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          I haven't had a chance to post this on the LetterPress Publications website yet, but I did share it early with my Patreon supporters, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

One of the little things I've always enjoyed in the publishing and bookselling world are the odd (and sometimes very odd) promotional items publishers and film studios come up with for promoting their big projects.

This past weekend, I was just randomly thinking about the Duma Key promotional tennis balls that Scribner sent out in 2007 when I began to ponder some ideas for promotional items for the special edition of Revival...

On one hand, I don't need to produce any promotional items for Revival since both editions are guaranteed Sold Out on publication, but on the other hand it would be kind of fun to have a few items made just because... plus there are future books in the works that aren't written by Stephen King, and it would be smart to do a trial run to ensure these vendors meet my quality expectations, right??

That said, there are minimum runs and I don't need 25 or 50 of each thing sitting in my office forever, so what I'd like to do is send the Revival Promotion Items I have made right back out to random subscribers to the LetterPress Publications mailing list as my way of saying Thank You for their support.

Here's how it'll work:

1) Anyone who is a subscriber to the LetterPress Publications mailing list can enter ONCE for a chance to win something. I'll even pay shipping to whenever you live if you're a winner. Here is where you can sign-up for the mailing list if you're not already a subscriber:

https://letterpresspublications.com/pages/mailing-list

2) To enter this free giveaway, all you need to do is:

A) email me at [email protected] from the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS you subscribed to the LetterPress Publications mailing list with and...
          B) put LETTERPRESS PUB FREE PROMO ITEMS in the subject line and...
          C) include your full name and mailing address in the body, so I know where to send your item if you win!

3) Over the next six months or so, as I have promotional items made, I'll pick random emails from the promo email collection folder and send those people something for free. (Don't worry, I'll reply to your email and confirm that your address hasn't changed, so if you move and win, you'll still get your item so long as you reply!)

4) At the end of the six months, or when I'm done making promotional items, whichever comes first, I'll DELETE THE FOLDER with the emails. I have no intention of keeping your mailing addresses on file or anything like that.

This is all basically for fun, so there's no cost involved for anyone but me, and I hope people won't try to game the system by signing up a bunch of email addresses... and, of course, I will notice if John Smith from Small Town, West Virginia emails me his mailing address from eleven different Yahoo accounts, and I might just delete those emails for being annoying. Since this is for fun, I also make the rules. All the rules. My rules and my decisions are final. Thanks for understanding.

If anyone has any questions about the process outlined above, please just let me know. It will be a while before I have anything made because I'm fairly busy at the moment, so I'll post the info on the LetterPress Publications mailing list as the items arrive, which is one good reason to be a subscriber, among others.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Best,
          Brian
          Cool idea! I am entered.

Thanks!

Comment

That's an awesome idea Brian! I love the extra items!

Comment

Yep, I'm in as well!

Comment

I signed up. Now I'm trying to think of what the items might be....perhaps a GIANT can of Ant Killer?

Comment

Yep, I'm in as well!
                  Better call Lassie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                    I signed up. Now I'm trying to think of what the items might be....perhaps a GIANT can of Ant Killer?
                    Outlet cover.

Comment

Outlet cover.
                      Ha!

Comment

In the day few days I'll be posting a pretty cool artwork update for the Lettered Edition... I just got swamped at the "day job" and haven't had a chance yet.

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

As of this morning, I'm officially in on the Lettereds for LLP. This will be my first time getting in on this level of a new press. I'm over the moon and can't thank Brian enough for extending me the opportunity. Thanks again, Brian!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            As of this morning, I'm officially in on the Lettereds for LLP. This will be my first time getting in on this level of a new press. I'm over the moon and can't thank Brian enough for extending me the opportunity. Thanks again, Brian!
                            Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                OH WOW! That's awesome! I'm getting high off the second-hand joy! Thanks for the vibes and congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X