Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: LetterPress Publications

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    That is possible, but I need to see how the world situation affects the printers and case makers. I'm trying very hard to be accurate with announced dates.

Brian
    Makes sense. Now go to bed it is late on the east coast!

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Makes sense. Now go to bed it is late on the east coast!
    HA! Busy day, but wrapping up now.
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    So when I first skimmed the announcement email for 20th Century Ghosts I was a little underwhelmed. I’m not a diehard Hill fan and this book has gotten the limited edition treatment in the past, so I was more on the “probably not” side of things. Then I started looking a little closer at the design and the flat-out spectacular art and now I’m pretty excited for this edition and am all in. Great job, Brian!

Any chance we can get pictures posted of the mock-up of the lettered edition? I’ll never be able to afford one if it becomes available, but I’d love to see what the plans are.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    So when I first skimmed the announcement email for 20th Century Ghosts I was a little underwhelmed. I’m not a diehard Hill fan and this book has gotten the limited edition treatment in the past, so I was more on the “probably not” side of things. Then I started looking a little closer at the design and the flat-out spectacular art and now I’m pretty excited for this edition and am all in. Great job, Brian!

Any chance we can get pictures posted of the mock-up of the lettered edition? I’ll never be able to afford one if it becomes available, but I’d love to see what the plans are.
    The art I have seen so far perfectly matches the stories. I am very pleased to be adding this to my collection and hope for Heart Shaped Box soon!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    The art I have seen so far perfectly matches the stories. I am very pleased to be adding this to my collection and hope for Heart Shaped Box soon!
    I’d LOVE a HEART SHAPED BOX limited from LPP. By far my favorite Hill book.

I’d LOVE a HEART SHAPED BOX limited from LPP. By far my favorite Hill book.
    Mine as well. Heart Shaped Box and Locke and Key two of the best stories I have ever read!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly bsaenz24's Avatar
    Mine as well. Heart Shaped Box and Locke and Key two of the best stories I have ever read!
    I'm REALLY hoping NOS4A2 comes along at some point!! I have the SubPress edition, but I would LOVE to see the body of work Letter Press would come up with!!

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm REALLY hoping NOS4A2 comes along at some point!! I have the SubPress edition, but I would LOVE to see the body of work Letter Press would come up with!!
    NOS4A2 is my least liked Hill novel but I still enjoy it and would buy an LPP version.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Any chance we can get pictures posted of the mock-up of the lettered edition? Iíll never be able to afford one if it becomes available, but Iíd love to see what the plans are.
    Here you go!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Shazam! Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I do not have many Joe Hill books. I have The Fireman signed hc, IDW's The Graphic Novel Collection signed hc and two Dark Carousel LPs-one signed, one unsigned. I have the CD Credit-Even so, I'm going to lay off any big ticket items until I see how things shake out here. I did order one signed trade paperback from CD last week.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Carrying the fire. 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I do not have many Joe Hill books. I have The Fireman signed hc, IDW's The Graphic Novel Collection signed hc and two Dark Carousel LPs-one signed, one unsigned. I have the CD Credit-Even so, I'm going to lay off any big ticket items until I see how things shake out here. I did order one signed trade paperback from CD last week.

Cap
    I exhausted my remaining credit balance jumping on this book. even so it was a hesitant jump. I am extremely nervous about the future. I'm not necessarily pessimistic, but I don't sleep very well lately. I told my wife that the next Suntup will be my last for a while but I think even that is a little naive. I want to finish out the Little Book series. That might be about it for my collecting this year. I just don't know.

I would LOVE to get an entire set of Hill's LP books. If everything was normal and thumping along I would plan on it--bake it into my collecting goals along with Little Books and non-Bentley Graveyard Editions and Suntup non-King numbered editions and whatever gems SST puts out.

But I just don't know.

All I can count on is the wonderful breeze coming in through my window right now. Even as it carries the sounds of sirens.

Jeff, on the good side of that, if 20thCS doesn't ship until when?? December? That's a long time for things to swing around before you need to decide on the next LP Hill book, IF it's even next. Might be further.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Here you go!

Brian
    Holy Badass book Batman!!!

Jeff, on the good side of that, if 20thCS doesn't ship until when?? December? That's a long time for things to swing around before you need to decide on the next LP Hill book, IF it's even next. Might be further.
    Yeah, I think that would be good. But I'm also rooting for Brian and the 3 Pauls (Suntup, Miller, Fry) and Dan and Mindy and Jerad and all the small press publishers who will struggle as funds dry up. I might take a break but I want you all to be here when I get back to it.

Better than rejuvenation! Inmate
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I exhausted my remaining credit balance jumping on this book. even so it was a hesitant jump. I am extremely nervous about the future. I'm not necessarily pessimistic, but I don't sleep very well lately. I told my wife that the next Suntup will be my last for a while but I think even that is a little naive. I want to finish out the Little Book series. That might be about it for my collecting this year. I just don't know.

I would LOVE to get an entire set of Hill's LP books. If everything was normal and thumping along I would plan on it--bake it into my collecting goals along with Little Books and non-Bentley Graveyard Editions and Suntup non-King numbered editions and whatever gems SST puts out.

But I just don't know.

All I can count on is the wonderful breeze coming in through my window right now. Even as it carries the sounds of sirens.
    I hear ya, Jeff...I was clicking the buy button on this, and then reality sunk in.....Yeah, I can reserve a copy, and pay when it ships in December, but I'm scared enough right now that I'm wondering what Christmas will be like for my kids this year, if we'll have a house to celebrate it in. Books have to, as much as it hurts me, become a lower priority. I pulled the trigger on last week's McCammon Little Book, and that'll probably have to be the extent of my book buying for the foreseeable future. I'll live vicariously through the pics you guys post.

Child of the Corn 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Holy Badass book Batman!!!
    That thing is gorgeous and will match Revival perfectly.

Child of the Corn 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Furthermore in celebrating this announcement; I received this super rare and impossible to find magazine from Ralph that contains the first appearance of The Black Phone. In spoilers as to not take up space:

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Man, I think this quote should be the next free Suntup Broadside!

I'm only half-kidding, Jeff. I did find this line thoughtful and resonate. I think we're all in the same tentative position right now. That's one good thing about this message board, though: a place for our collective Micro-Niche- the Obsessive Small Press Horror Collector- to come and talk about these other things- books- that mean so much to us with other folks who completely understand.

Take care of yourself and your family. All of you out there. Don't let FOMO push you into an unwise decision. The books will find their way to us when the time is right. I actually know this as fact. It's weird, but absolutely true.

Oh yeah- I put my (pay on publication) order in for the LRP Hill book. It'll be my.. fourth edition, but- well, see above!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Furthermore in celebrating this announcement; I received this super rare and impossible to find magazine from Ralph that contains the first appearance of The Black Phone. In spoilers as to not take up space:

Wow, that is a fantastic addition!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I hear ya, Jeff...I was clicking the buy button on this, and then reality sunk in.....Yeah, I can reserve a copy, and pay when it ships in December, but I'm scared enough right now that I'm wondering what Christmas will be like for my kids this year, if we'll have a house to celebrate it in. Books have to, as much as it hurts me, become a lower priority. I pulled the trigger on last week's McCammon Little Book, and that'll probably have to be the extent of my book buying for the foreseeable future. I'll live vicariously through the pics you guys post.
    Hopefully this is just steam I'm letting out. Pressure I'm releasing. My fear is always greater than the reality. I hope that holds true in this situation. I plan on buying the Suntup book next week. And the only way I won't is if I'm unemployed.

With that purchase, I'll have 37 preorders. So I'll be in books for a while no matter what my employment situation is.

So I have it pretty good and I'd rather be grateful than fearful.

I hope Christmas is magical for your kids. I hope we're all still sharing the anticipation and joy of collecting by then too!