Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I can't really speak to the spots, as I haven't seen them in person, but has anyone tried wetting their finger and trying to rub them off? We had some cases with similar spots a couple years back (I can't remember which case) and the blemishes just wiped away. Not saying that that'll work here, but it's worth a shot.
    I just tried that and the spots remain. They seem to be raised blemishes in the leather itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      I just tried that and the spots remain. They seem to be raised blemishes in the leather itself.
      Got it. It was worth a shot. I know a lot of people are a bit cagey about bringing moisture near their books, so they don't think to try.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
        Yes, I tried gently one spot upon receipt with the same result. The synthetic leather was irreparably damaged in production. It now sounds like it’s certainly more widespread than my lone copy, which is really unfortunate for Brian (and his customers) to experience on his debut release.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 01-27-2020, 03:36 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Think of the amazing artwork that could be done with this.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Duma Key could really use your attention, Brian
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Think of the amazing artwork that could be done with this.
            Francois Vaillancourt has already made some really stunning Duma Key art that he posted on a Stephen King Constant Reader page on Facebook.

Comment

It may feel fairly redundant but I would love Don Maitz do more with this story. I love his work. This is certainly nothing against Francois Vaillancourt work at all.

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
              Francois Vaillancourt has already made some really stunning Duma Key art that he posted on a Stephen King Constant Reader page on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                It may feel fairly redundant but I would love Don Maitz do more with this story. I love his work. This is certainly nothing against Francois Vaillancourt work at all.
                I really didn't care for the work Don Maitz did for The Stand from PS Publishing, but then again I'm not real familiar with any of his other work. However, Francois Vaillancourt's work in Revival was outstanding.

Comment

Got an answer back on those "spots" that showed up on a few of the books:

"The spots are areas of the cover material blistering from the extreme heat required for the Burnishing. We just checked the 100 extra boards we haven't recycled yet, and we found the issue on 4 of those, so the issue shouldn't be too widespread for the full print run."

There is a special coating that they can add to the stamping die the next time we use this line of material and do a burnishing effect, and that should prevent the issue completely.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

"The spots are areas of the cover material blistering from the extreme heat required for the Burnishing. We just checked the 100 extra boards we haven't recycled yet, and we found the issue on 4 of those, so the issue shouldn't be too widespread for the full print run."

There is a special coating that they can add to the stamping die the next time we use this line of material and do a burnishing effect, and that should prevent the issue completely.

Brian
                    Thank you for the update. I only have a few of the spots. I do not believe they will impact the health of the book. As long as that is the case I am happy with my copy.

Comment

Brian
                      Thanks for the follow-through and the transparency! I have it a little bit as well, but not nearly as bad as Ron's and not enough for me to want a replacement or any remedy at all. I'm glad it's a problem that can be solved going forward. Really love this production, Brian and I'm so excited for what's next. I predict LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. That's my LP prediction.

Comment

Brian
                        I'm thinking this is now officially a variant.

Comment

Had to look it up. Not a Vampire enthusiast but may be tempted because of the quality of the first book. Either way, and whatever is published, I will certainly give whatever a hard look.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Thanks for the follow-through and the transparency! I have it a little bit as well, but not nearly as bad as Ron's and not enough for me to want a replacement or any remedy at all. I'm glad it's a problem that can be solved going forward. Really love this production, Brian and I'm so excited for what's next. I predict LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. That's my LP prediction.

Comment

Still no shipping notice. Or maybe the book will arrive before the shipping notice. That has happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              I'm thinking this is now officially a variant.
                              Unfortunately it’s a variant ;-) that I no longer own...I returned mine to my dealer for a refund.

Thanks for the explanation and transparency, Brian, and I’m glad to hear your printer may have a potential solution for the next time around (if you choose to do the imprint design again).
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                Although this is not a democracy, and the decision was probably made long ago, I vote for By Reason of Insanity from Shane Stevens! I need to read this again and think my paperback may crumble with one more read!

Comment

Working...
                                X