Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LetterPress Publications

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I just saw that the print run for REVIVAL will be 1,500 copies. That's awesome! Congrats, Brian! I am really looking forward to my copy. It looks like you have a winner on your hands.
    Congrats on breaking the news as well!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Where did you see that?
    In the newsletter that Brian just sent out to his Patreon supporters. (I hope it's OK that I shared it here. I wasn't trying to steal anyone's thunder.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    In the newsletter that Brian just sent out to his Patreon supporters. (I hope it's OK that I shared it here. I wasn't trying to steal anyone's thunder.)
    Well I'm grateful to hear the news. I appreciate it.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I would like to take credit for pushing it from 1499 to 1500. No thanks are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I would like to take credit for pushing it from 1499 to 1500. No thanks are necessary.
    Yours will have sprayed edges.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Last edited by c marvel; 06-06-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Receiving Daily Medication made me mess up doing my post. ~Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 06-06-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    The credit should go to me for making it a 1500 copy edition. It was my late order that pushed it to 1500 so there. Cap

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Oh, man! Sprayed edges would put me over the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    The credit should go to me for making it a 1500 copy edition. It was my late order that pushed it to 1500 so there. Cap
    Sure, but I was holding up 1498 other orders so you could sit on top!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Question is; Sprayed with what?

I've heard rumours that Brian has a pet skunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Question is; Sprayed with what?

I've heard rumours that Brian has a pet skunk.
    MUCH sought-after Musk Edition.

Now that I have Sleeping Beauties in my greedy little hands (my hands are tiny for a man and my wrists are bird-like!) I gotta wonder if the materials used on the Tray Cased Numbered Edition are the same that will be used on Revival. The color looks very similar and I instantly thought of Revival when I took the jacket off of SB.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    I've bought a fair share of those off of feebay.

MUCH sought-after Musk Edition.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Now that I have Sleeping Beauties in my greedy little hands (my hands are tiny for a man and my wrists are bird-like!) I gotta wonder if the materials used on the Tray Cased Numbered Edition are the same that will be used on Revival. The color looks very similar and I instantly thought of Revival when I took the jacket off of SB.
    Nope. Brian said he was trying to use materials we don't usually use on CD projects to make Letterpress feel more distinct from the books CD produces.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    The book and traycase surface reminds me of the Lonely Road edition of The Vampyricon Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Nope. Brian said he was trying to use materials we don't usually use on CD projects to make Letterpress feel more distinct from the books CD produces.
    Ah. Ok. Well, I look forward to seeing how LP books turn out. Sleeping Beauties is damn impressive and I'm sure Revival will be too.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    I haven't had a chance to post this on the LetterPress Publications website yet, but I did share it early with my Patreon supporters, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

One of the little things I've always enjoyed in the publishing and bookselling world are the odd (and sometimes very odd) promotional items publishers and film studios come up with for promoting their big projects.

This past weekend, I was just randomly thinking about the Duma Key promotional tennis balls that Scribner sent out in 2007 when I began to ponder some ideas for promotional items for the special edition of Revival...

On one hand, I don't need to produce any promotional items for Revival since both editions are guaranteed Sold Out on publication, but on the other hand it would be kind of fun to have a few items made just because... plus there are future books in the works that aren't written by Stephen King, and it would be smart to do a trial run to ensure these vendors meet my quality expectations, right??

That said, there are minimum runs and I don't need 25 or 50 of each thing sitting in my office forever, so what I'd like to do is send the Revival Promotion Items I have made right back out to random subscribers to the LetterPress Publications mailing list as my way of saying Thank You for their support.

Here's how it'll work:

1) Anyone who is a subscriber to the LetterPress Publications mailing list can enter ONCE for a chance to win something. I'll even pay shipping to whenever you live if you're a winner. Here is where you can sign-up for the mailing list if you're not already a subscriber:

https://letterpresspublications.com/pages/mailing-list

2) To enter this free giveaway, all you need to do is:

A) email me at brian@letterpresspublications.com from the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS you subscribed to the LetterPress Publications mailing list with and...
    B) put LETTERPRESS PUB FREE PROMO ITEMS in the subject line and...
    C) include your full name and mailing address in the body, so I know where to send your item if you win!

3) Over the next six months or so, as I have promotional items made, I'll pick random emails from the promo email collection folder and send those people something for free. (Don't worry, I'll reply to your email and confirm that your address hasn't changed, so if you move and win, you'll still get your item so long as you reply!)

4) At the end of the six months, or when I'm done making promotional items, whichever comes first, I'll DELETE THE FOLDER with the emails. I have no intention of keeping your mailing addresses on file or anything like that.

This is all basically for fun, so there's no cost involved for anyone but me, and I hope people won't try to game the system by signing up a bunch of email addresses... and, of course, I will notice if John Smith from Small Town, West Virginia emails me his mailing address from eleven different Yahoo accounts, and I might just delete those emails for being annoying. Since this is for fun, I also make the rules. All the rules. My rules and my decisions are final. Thanks for understanding.

If anyone has any questions about the process outlined above, please just let me know. It will be a while before I have anything made because I'm fairly busy at the moment, so I'll post the info on the LetterPress Publications mailing list as the items arrive, which is one good reason to be a subscriber, among others.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Best,
    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I haven't had a chance to post this on the LetterPress Publications website yet, but I did share it early with my Patreon supporters, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

One of the little things I've always enjoyed in the publishing and bookselling world are the odd (and sometimes very odd) promotional items publishers and film studios come up with for promoting their big projects.

This past weekend, I was just randomly thinking about the Duma Key promotional tennis balls that Scribner sent out in 2007 when I began to ponder some ideas for promotional items for the special edition of Revival...

On one hand, I don't need to produce any promotional items for Revival since both editions are guaranteed Sold Out on publication, but on the other hand it would be kind of fun to have a few items made just because... plus there are future books in the works that aren't written by Stephen King, and it would be smart to do a trial run to ensure these vendors meet my quality expectations, right??

That said, there are minimum runs and I don't need 25 or 50 of each thing sitting in my office forever, so what I'd like to do is send the Revival Promotion Items I have made right back out to random subscribers to the LetterPress Publications mailing list as my way of saying Thank You for their support.

Here's how it'll work:

1) Anyone who is a subscriber to the LetterPress Publications mailing list can enter ONCE for a chance to win something. I'll even pay shipping to whenever you live if you're a winner. Here is where you can sign-up for the mailing list if you're not already a subscriber:

https://letterpresspublications.com/pages/mailing-list

2) To enter this free giveaway, all you need to do is:

A) email me at brian@letterpresspublications.com from the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS you subscribed to the LetterPress Publications mailing list with and...
    B) put LETTERPRESS PUB FREE PROMO ITEMS in the subject line and...
    C) include your full name and mailing address in the body, so I know where to send your item if you win!

3) Over the next six months or so, as I have promotional items made, I'll pick random emails from the promo email collection folder and send those people something for free. (Don't worry, I'll reply to your email and confirm that your address hasn't changed, so if you move and win, you'll still get your item so long as you reply!)

4) At the end of the six months, or when I'm done making promotional items, whichever comes first, I'll DELETE THE FOLDER with the emails. I have no intention of keeping your mailing addresses on file or anything like that.

This is all basically for fun, so there's no cost involved for anyone but me, and I hope people won't try to game the system by signing up a bunch of email addresses... and, of course, I will notice if John Smith from Small Town, West Virginia emails me his mailing address from eleven different Yahoo accounts, and I might just delete those emails for being annoying. Since this is for fun, I also make the rules. All the rules. My rules and my decisions are final. Thanks for understanding.

If anyone has any questions about the process outlined above, please just let me know. It will be a while before I have anything made because I'm fairly busy at the moment, so I'll post the info on the LetterPress Publications mailing list as the items arrive, which is one good reason to be a subscriber, among others.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Best,
    Brian
    Cool idea! I am entered.

Thanks!

That's an awesome idea Brian! I love the extra items!