Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: LetterPress Publications

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    WOW! Love that slipcase material!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    That would be the sample sheet of the covering material for the Limited Edition's slipcase:

Here's a quick close-up I just took of the weave texture and the colors:

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    I actually tried to guess, and failed miserably to come up with an answer. Thanks for answering!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    As I'm very much a low-level casual King fan, I picked up a limited of this mostly because I wanted to support Brian in his new endeavor and get in on the ground floor, but everything I'm seeing about this edition is getting me really excited. Glad I jumped on board because I'd be kicking myself right about now if I hadn't.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    As I'm very much a low-level casual King fan, I picked up a limited of this mostly because I wanted to support Brian in his new endeavor and get in on the ground floor, but everything I'm seeing about this edition is getting me really excited. Glad I jumped on board because I'd be kicking myself right about now if I hadn't.
    Thank you!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Yeah I agree with this completely. Apart from the low-level casual King fan. I'd say I'm a moderate-level casual King fan--cooling from my years as a rabid King fan. But in all honesty, I hated Revival. The only King book I thought was a waste of time. I didn't care for anyone in the book. I bought this one to support Brian in his exciting new venture and get in on the ground floor of a new press. But seeing Francois's artworks and these production images I am beside myself happy to be getting this book. And in fact, I'm thinking maybe I was too hard on my evaluation of Revival. And maybe I'll give it a re-read. And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah I agree with this completely. Apart from the low-level casual King fan. I'd say I'm a moderate-level casual King fan--cooling from my years as a rabid King fan. But in all honesty, I hated Revival. The only King book I thought was a waste of time. I didn't care for anyone in the book. I bought this one to support Brian in his exciting new venture and get in on the ground floor of a new press. But seeing Francois's artworks and these production images I am beside myself happy to be getting this book. And in fact, I'm thinking maybe I was too hard on my evaluation of Revival. And maybe I'll give it a re-read. And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.
    I actually liked Revival. Not a classic but a fine read. The only King story that I wanted my time back after finishing was Rose Madder. I think I will re-read that one next year to see if my views have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I actually liked Revival. Not a classic but a fine read. The only King story that I wanted my time back after finishing was Rose Madder. I think I will re-read that one next year to see if my views have changed.
    Funny you mention that, because up until Revival, Rose Madder was my lest favorite. In fact it's the only one I didn't finish. But after Revival I considered a re-read.

Funny you mention that, because up until Revival, Rose Madder was my lest favorite. In fact it's the only one I didn't finish. But after Revival I considered a re-read.
    Based on my memory of how it finished you did not miss anything.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Not a fan of Revival at all, but I too wanted to support Brian's new press and I was able to get in on the lettered track thanks to Brian extending me a courtesy. This will be my first lettered on the ground level of a new press and I couldn't be more excited! Looking forward to what next year has to bring.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.
    Jeff, I always thought you were the perfect amount!!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I liked Revival. Thought it was fun and interesting. Under The Dome was a steaming turd.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I liked Revival. Thought it was fun and interesting. Under The Dome was a steaming turd.
    I loved Revival and I really liked Under the Dome except for the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I loved Revival and I really liked Under the Dome except for the very end.
    I liked Under the Dome so much that I forgave the ending. Because seriously, that ending was so bad. Really. I dig what he was trying to say, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I think Revival would have been world's better as a novella. But I might give it a re-read anyway.

I liked Under the Dome so much that I forgave the ending. Because seriously, that ending was so bad. Really. I dig what he was trying to say, but really?
    I loved Under The Dome until the end. The end was bad enough to just piss me off. I could forgive a bad ending in a 300 page novel but not this one.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I hated the way Under the Dome ended. It was way to much like the ending to the Tommyknockers. Both books are ones I don't think I could get through again.