X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Love that slipcase material!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      That would be the sample sheet of the covering material for the Limited Edition's slipcase:

Here's a quick close-up I just took of the weave texture and the colors:

Thanks for asking!

Brian
      I actually tried to guess, and failed miserably to come up with an answer. Thanks for answering!

Comment

As I'm very much a low-level casual King fan, I picked up a limited of this mostly because I wanted to support Brian in his new endeavor and get in on the ground floor, but everything I'm seeing about this edition is getting me really excited. Glad I jumped on board because I'd be kicking myself right about now if I hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          As I'm very much a low-level casual King fan, I picked up a limited of this mostly because I wanted to support Brian in his new endeavor and get in on the ground floor, but everything I'm seeing about this edition is getting me really excited. Glad I jumped on board because I'd be kicking myself right about now if I hadn't.
          Thank you!

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Yeah I agree with this completely. Apart from the low-level casual King fan. I'd say I'm a moderate-level casual King fan--cooling from my years as a rabid King fan. But in all honesty, I hated Revival. The only King book I thought was a waste of time. I didn't care for anyone in the book. I bought this one to support Brian in his exciting new venture and get in on the ground floor of a new press. But seeing Francois's artworks and these production images I am beside myself happy to be getting this book. And in fact, I'm thinking maybe I was too hard on my evaluation of Revival. And maybe I'll give it a re-read. And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Yeah I agree with this completely. Apart from the low-level casual King fan. I'd say I'm a moderate-level casual King fan--cooling from my years as a rabid King fan. But in all honesty, I hated Revival. The only King book I thought was a waste of time. I didn't care for anyone in the book. I bought this one to support Brian in his exciting new venture and get in on the ground floor of a new press. But seeing Francois's artworks and these production images I am beside myself happy to be getting this book. And in fact, I'm thinking maybe I was too hard on my evaluation of Revival. And maybe I'll give it a re-read. And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.
              I actually liked Revival. Not a classic but a fine read. The only King story that I wanted my time back after finishing was Rose Madder. I think I will re-read that one next year to see if my views have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I actually liked Revival. Not a classic but a fine read. The only King story that I wanted my time back after finishing was Rose Madder. I think I will re-read that one next year to see if my views have changed.
                Funny you mention that, because up until Revival, Rose Madder was my lest favorite. In fact it's the only one I didn't finish. But after Revival I considered a re-read.

Comment

Funny you mention that, because up until Revival, Rose Madder was my lest favorite. In fact it's the only one I didn't finish. But after Revival I considered a re-read.
                  Based on my memory of how it finished you did not miss anything.

Comment

Not a fan of Revival at all, but I too wanted to support Brian's new press and I was able to get in on the lettered track thanks to Brian extending me a courtesy. This will be my first lettered on the ground level of a new press and I couldn't be more excited! Looking forward to what next year has to bring.

Comment

And maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole.
                      Jeff, I always thought you were the perfect amount!!!

Comment

I liked Revival. Thought it was fun and interesting. Under The Dome was a steaming turd.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I liked Revival. Thought it was fun and interesting. Under The Dome was a steaming turd.
                          I loved Revival and I really liked Under the Dome except for the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            I loved Revival and I really liked Under the Dome except for the very end.
                            I liked Under the Dome so much that I forgave the ending. Because seriously, that ending was so bad. Really. I dig what he was trying to say, but really?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I think Revival would have been world's better as a novella. But I might give it a re-read anyway.

Comment

I liked Under the Dome so much that I forgave the ending. Because seriously, that ending was so bad. Really. I dig what he was trying to say, but really?
                                I loved Under The Dome until the end. The end was bad enough to just piss me off. I could forgive a bad ending in a 300 page novel but not this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X