Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I do not have many Joe Hill books. I have The Fireman signed hc, IDW's The Graphic Novel Collection signed hc and two Dark Carousel LPs-one signed, one unsigned. I have the CD Credit-Even so, I'm going to lay off any big ticket items until I see how things shake out here. I did order one signed trade paperback from CD last week.

Cap
    I exhausted my remaining credit balance jumping on this book. even so it was a hesitant jump. I am extremely nervous about the future. I'm not necessarily pessimistic, but I don't sleep very well lately. I told my wife that the next Suntup will be my last for a while but I think even that is a little naive. I want to finish out the Little Book series. That might be about it for my collecting this year. I just don't know.

I would LOVE to get an entire set of Hill's LP books. If everything was normal and thumping along I would plan on it--bake it into my collecting goals along with Little Books and non-Bentley Graveyard Editions and Suntup non-King numbered editions and whatever gems SST puts out.

But I just don't know.

All I can count on is the wonderful breeze coming in through my window right now. Even as it carries the sounds of sirens.

Comment

Jeff, on the good side of that, if 20thCS doesn't ship until when?? December? That's a long time for things to swing around before you need to decide on the next LP Hill book, IF it's even next. Might be further.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
        Here you go!

Brian
        Holy Badass book Batman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Jeff, on the good side of that, if 20thCS doesn't ship until when?? December? That's a long time for things to swing around before you need to decide on the next LP Hill book, IF it's even next. Might be further.
          Yeah, I think that would be good. But I'm also rooting for Brian and the 3 Pauls (Suntup, Miller, Fry) and Dan and Mindy and Jerad and all the small press publishers who will struggle as funds dry up. I might take a break but I want you all to be here when I get back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            I exhausted my remaining credit balance jumping on this book. even so it was a hesitant jump. I am extremely nervous about the future. I'm not necessarily pessimistic, but I don't sleep very well lately. I told my wife that the next Suntup will be my last for a while but I think even that is a little naive. I want to finish out the Little Book series. That might be about it for my collecting this year. I just don't know.

I would LOVE to get an entire set of Hill's LP books. If everything was normal and thumping along I would plan on it--bake it into my collecting goals along with Little Books and non-Bentley Graveyard Editions and Suntup non-King numbered editions and whatever gems SST puts out.

But I just don't know.

All I can count on is the wonderful breeze coming in through my window right now. Even as it carries the sounds of sirens.
            I hear ya, Jeff...I was clicking the buy button on this, and then reality sunk in.....Yeah, I can reserve a copy, and pay when it ships in December, but I'm scared enough right now that I'm wondering what Christmas will be like for my kids this year, if we'll have a house to celebrate it in. Books have to, as much as it hurts me, become a lower priority. I pulled the trigger on last week's McCammon Little Book, and that'll probably have to be the extent of my book buying for the foreseeable future. I'll live vicariously through the pics you guys post.
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Holy Badass book Batman!!!
              That thing is gorgeous and will match Revival perfectly.

Comment

Furthermore in celebrating this announcement; I received this super rare and impossible to find magazine from Ralph that contains the first appearance of The Black Phone. In spoilers as to not take up space:

Comment

Man, I think this quote should be the next free Suntup Broadside!

I'm only half-kidding, Jeff. I did find this line thoughtful and resonate. I think we're all in the same tentative position right now. That's one good thing about this message board, though: a place for our collective Micro-Niche- the Obsessive Small Press Horror Collector- to come and talk about these other things- books- that mean so much to us with other folks who completely understand.

Take care of yourself and your family. All of you out there. Don't let FOMO push you into an unwise decision. The books will find their way to us when the time is right. I actually know this as fact. It's weird, but absolutely true.

Oh yeah- I put my (pay on publication) order in for the LRP Hill book. It'll be my.. fourth edition, but- well, see above!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Furthermore in celebrating this announcement; I received this super rare and impossible to find magazine from Ralph that contains the first appearance of The Black Phone. In spoilers as to not take up space:

Spoiler!
                    Wow, that is a fantastic addition!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                      I hear ya, Jeff...I was clicking the buy button on this, and then reality sunk in.....Yeah, I can reserve a copy, and pay when it ships in December, but I'm scared enough right now that I'm wondering what Christmas will be like for my kids this year, if we'll have a house to celebrate it in. Books have to, as much as it hurts me, become a lower priority. I pulled the trigger on last week's McCammon Little Book, and that'll probably have to be the extent of my book buying for the foreseeable future. I'll live vicariously through the pics you guys post.
                      Hopefully this is just steam I'm letting out. Pressure I'm releasing. My fear is always greater than the reality. I hope that holds true in this situation. I plan on buying the Suntup book next week. And the only way I won't is if I'm unemployed.

With that purchase, I'll have 37 preorders. So I'll be in books for a while no matter what my employment situation is.

So I have it pretty good and I'd rather be grateful than fearful.

I hope Christmas is magical for your kids. I hope we're all still sharing the anticipation and joy of collecting by then too!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                        Man, I think this quote should be the next free Suntup Broadside!

Amazing. Though I've already diminished the Suntup brand enough. The one book I helped Paul announce is the one that is taking the longest to sell out (based on the 250 print run)! And I blame me.

I agree with you on this: thank God we have these forums and each other.

Comment

Amazing. Though I've already diminished the Suntup brand enough. The one book I helped Paul announce is the one that is taking the longest to sell out (based on the 250 print run)! And I blame me.

I agree with you on this: thank God we have these forums and each other.
                          I don't how you can even think that you'd have any effect on I Am Legend's sales!

It was always going to be a hard sell for that title, given the price being higher than the Wells titles and not having any additional signatures beyond the artist. It'll eventually sell out one day, but the circumstances will make it take a rockier path.

Also, Brother is technically taking longer!

Comment

I purchased the artist gift edition reluctantly. Had a artist gift edition not been offered I Am Legend would have been an easy pass for me. The story did nothing for me when I read it. Been many years and I will probably read the artist gift edition to see if my views have changed. I think that story may have a very devout following but I suspect it is limited number.

Comment

I passed only because I had just purchased the Folio Society Edition and I have a 1st edition paperback. I came to the book by way of Vincent Price's Last Man on Earth. I guess what intrigued me when I was young, was that it was the first time I had seen the Vampire dealt with in a non-supernatural way, the vampire as a disease, with a scientific cause and maybe even a scientific cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                I don't how you can even think that you'd have any effect on I Am Legend's sales!
                                Because not all narcissists like themselves.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                Also, Brother is technically taking longer!
                                True. That's why I mentioned the 250 print run. I considered buying another copy of Brother and requesting number 500 because that's the only book Paul's published that goes that high. But then I did math and realized I could use that money to go toward a brand new wonderful Suntup book! So I stopped and bought Red Dragon and I've been high ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X