Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 174

Thread: LetterPress Publications

  1. #1
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,190
    Rep Power
    14

    LetterPress Publications

    Anybody else intrigued and excited about Mr. Freemanís new publishing venture? Iím hoping to get in on the ground floor of this one!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    24
    I absolutely am. Really hoping the first book is something I want!

  3. #3
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody else intrigued and excited about Mr. Freemanís new publishing venture? Iím hoping to get in on the ground floor of this one!
    Do we take the word LetterPress literally or just as the name lol. If we do take it literally, there might be some pricey but epic editions coming

  4. #4
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    8
    Did anybody else see the picture of the door that Brian posted on social media? With the big announcement on the way, I figured it's a teaser, and it immediately made me think of the end of Revival. But maybe that's just ridiculous wishful thinking. . .

  5. #5
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,498
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody else intrigued and excited about Mr. Freeman’s new publishing venture? I’m hoping to get in on the ground floor of this one!
    Very much so! I've been supporting Brian on Patreon since he begin. I'm hoping this venture does really, really well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,489
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody else intrigued and excited about Mr. Freeman’s new publishing venture? I’m hoping to get in on the ground floor of this one!
    Very curious to see what the debut offering is. Curious, too, to see what the aim of the new press is, e.g. high-end ala Suntup or upper-mid like Thunderstorm or more of an extension of CD’s model or...?

  7. #7
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very curious to see what the debut offering is. Curious, too, to see what the aim of the new press is, e.g. high-end ala Suntup or upper-mid like Thunderstorm or more of an extension of CD’s model or...?
    I'm going to guess that the aim is high-end. And I'm sure today's announcement will include a chance to buy lifetime subscriptions and I guarantee that I will be furious that I can't afford any of the options. I hope to god the first book isn't a Bentley Little book.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I hope to god the first book isn't a Bentley Little book.
    Literally made me LOL!

  9. #9
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    15
    I'm really hoping its a Danielle Steel limited edition. I've been dreaming for oh...so...long...

  10. #10
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm really hoping its a Danielle Steel limited edition. I've been dreaming for oh...so...long...
    I'm more on the Jackie Collins side of the fence myself.

    "I'm more on." That's a clue! Jeff is giving us clues!

  11. #11
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm more on the Jackie Collins side of the fence myself.

    "I'm more on." That's a clue! Jeff is giving us clues!
    LOL!! Ok! A Jackie and Danielle co-authored book in a heart shaped slipcase!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    LOL!! Ok! A Jackie and Danielle co-authored book in a heart shaped slipcase!!
    Goddamn! With a foreword by Angela Lansbury for some reason.

  13. #13
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Goddamn! With a foreword by Angela Lansbury for some reason.
    Ok, now you're just teasing me! Oh, Angela...


    Jeff, this our calling for a new publishing venture...."Romance Unlimited"... $$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-15-2019 at 02:22 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    15
    Ok, back on track...found this on FaceBook:


    "LetterPress Publications will be announcing something pretty awesome today at 1 PM eastern time with our good friend FranÁois Vaillancourt -- stay tuned for details!"

  15. #15
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Ok, now you're just teasing me! Oh, Angela...


    Jeff, this our calling for a new publishing venture...."Romance Unlimited"... $$$$$$$$$$
    We'll prepare for an October Sweetest Day launch. The HeartShape tray case for our first book will be constructed from a shell of freeze-dried edible flowers. There will be no door to access the book. You will have to eat through the case. Literally Eat Your Heart Out. Which is the title of the book.

  16. #16
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    We'll prepare for an October Sweetest Day launch. The HeartShape tray case for our first book will be constructed from a shell of freeze-dried edible flowers. There will be no door to access the book. You will have to eat through the case. Literally Eat Your Heart Out. Which is the title of the book.
    LOL!!! I can see the money pouring in now!

  17. #17
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,741
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    Do we take the word LetterPress literally or just as the name lol. If we do take it literally, there might be some pricey but epic editions coming
    I don't think you should take that literally.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  18. #18
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,603
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very curious to see what the debut offering is. Curious, too, to see what the aim of the new press is, e.g. high-end ala Suntup or upper-mid like Thunderstorm or more of an extension of CDís model or...?
    Not going high-end ala Suntup. Originally, that was the plan, but that was pre-Suntup, and life got in the way. There's not enough market for all of us to publish those kinds of editions, and the guys already doing it are doing a great job at it.

    But I already had picked the name, and started using it for some other business stuff, so now it's the name. I'll talk about that on the site sooner than later.

    Official launch in 40 minutes!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  19. #19
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    We'll prepare for an October Sweetest Day launch. The HeartShape tray case for our first book will be constructed from a shell of freeze-dried edible flowers. There will be no door to access the book. You will have to eat through the case. Literally Eat Your Heart Out. Which is the title of the book.
    You release a book in a Heart Shaped Box I better see a Joe Novel inside!

  20. #20
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You release a book in a Heart Shaped Box I better see a Joe Novel inside!
    Well, it's not his novel, but Joe Hill is slated to sign anyway. We tried to stop him but he has a letter from a lawyer that says he must sign everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •