Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    It's The Gwendilogy!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I saw that when Richard shared it on FB! I wonder how the final book will be written. But it seems SOMEONE is on the hook for it.
    As I am allergic to Facebook I had to settle for seeing it on Instagram and this is what Mr. Chizmar had to say about the writing of the next book "Looks like Simon & Schuster spilled the beans, so here you go...
    (Nope, I don’t know when the third volume will be published; it’s not written yet. I also don’t know if Steve and I will be co-writing. Depends on our schedules.)"
    Last edited by Martin; 11-02-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Just a quick shipping update for everyone. We're on track to have everyone's package packed by the end of next week. We're handling this a bit differently than Flight or Fright / Gwendy's Button Box because I have more lead time here, but significantly less help. I'd like to have done staggered shipping so everyone would be receiving their packages around the same time, but I just don't have enough help to make that work this time around. So the plan is that everyone's orders will leave the building a day or so before the release date. So keep an eye out for shipping confirmations on the 18th.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Dan. I received the email regarding the slipcase upgrade for the trade. Was there an edition that came with the slipcase? Can't remember for the life of me if I order this book and it doesn't show in my email folder of orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Dan. I received the email regarding the slipcase upgrade for the trade. Was there an edition that came with the slipcase? Can't remember for the life of me if I order this book and it doesn't show in my email folder of orders.
    Disregard. I found it in my Camelot folder. I might still need to order the slipcase for the trade however.

Yea we offered the slipcase separately for the trade.

Instagram

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Random question, but, did you guys ever announce the winners of your Gwendy's contest: "Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications"? Can't remember seeing if the winners were announced yet. If I overlooked that info, I apologize. I never win these sorts of things but am always excited when someone on the forum ends up snagging something cool via the contests.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Random question, but, did you guys ever announce the winners of your Gwendy's contest: "Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications"? Can't remember seeing if the winners were announced yet. If I overlooked that info, I apologize. I never win these sorts of things but am always excited when someone on the forum ends up snagging something cool via the contests.
    I don't think we posted it here, but we did post on social media. Not sure if this link will work, but here is the post on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/CemeteryDan...57559943892881

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I won one of these things, a contest (Not a contest run by Cemetery Dance) years ago. Some contests I enter, some I pass on. This one had appeal to me with the Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.
    That's good to hear. I really enjoyed the first book, although it seemed to have very mixed reviews.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap
    I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.
    We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.

Instagram

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.
    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.
    Ahh no problem. The limited edition won't be out until sometime next year. The book is a completely different interior design and trim size, and will be printed at a different printer.

Instagram