1989 World Fantasy Convention - 30 years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 World Fantasy Convention - 30 years later

The actual anniversary isn't until October, but 30 years ago, I attended the World Fantasy Convention in Seattle, WA.

I've just posted three videos shot at that convention:
    • "An Hour with Robert R. McCammon"
    • Partial Panel: "The Zombies or the Grateful Dead?", with Ed Bryant, George R.R. Martin, Howard Kaylan, Karl Edward Wagner, John Shirley, and Robert McCammon
    • Panel: "The Ravenous Best-Seller and the Innocent Literary Gem", with Tappan King, Kim Antieau, John Coyne, Joe Lansdale, and Robert McCammon

A playlist with all three videos can be found here.

These have been on the McCammon site for years, but for completeness, here are the photos I took that weekend.

WFC 1989 photos

Hunter

I believe I've seen the McCammon video, but the two panel discussions have escaped my viewing, apparently. Thanks for posting this, Hunter -- I plan to sit down and watch them this weekend. :-)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for posting these videos, Hunter! They are a glimpse back into a different time in the publishing world. I wish I could have been at this convention. It's fun to see some familiar faces who went on to big things. (Although McCammon was already pretty big by that time.)

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I believe I've seen the McCammon video,
        The Q&A portion has been on YouTube under my account for years. This is the first time the whole video has been posted. It includes McCammon reading a chapter from MINE, which leads into the Q&A.

I hope you enjoy them!

Hunter

Comment

Sounds really interesting. I look forward to watching them.

Comment

Cool, I'll have to watch these. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
            X