The PS Book of Fantastic Fictioners:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PS Book of Fantastic Fictioners:

PS has announced a new book that really intrigues me.

A COLLECTION OF ESSAYS Edited by Pete Von Sholly
    CATEGORY Fantastic Fiction
    PUBLICATION DATE June 2019
    INTRODUCTION Pete Von Sholly
    COVER, ENPAPERS & INTERIOR ART Pete Von Sholly
    PAGE COUNT Volume 1 - 394 pages / Volume 2 - 394 pages

EDITIONS
    Unsigned Jacketed Hardcovers — Volume 1 -ISBN 978-1-786364-25-8 [£50], Volume 2 -ISBN 978-1-786364-26-5 [£50]
    [Volumes 1 & 2 can be purchased together for [£90]
    100 copies of a 2 Volume Set in an Illustrated Slipcase, signed by Pete Von Sholly — ISBN 978-1-786364-27-2 [£250]

ABOUT THE BOOK
    The "Fictioneers project" which has culminated in these two wonderful books has a long history but mainly I just wanted to celebrate a special group of men and women who made indelible marks on our collective and individual consciousness and whose works stand as milestones in the history of fiction in culture. It couldn't be just my personal lesser known favorites, if it was going to be a history so there were obligatory entries like Walt Disney, Steven Spielberg, Ursula LeGuin, Rod Serling, Gene Roddenberry and so on.
    —Pete Von Sholly

https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-p...lly-4806-p.asp

PS Publishing are producing some fascinating and eclectic titles. I wish they would up their production standards though. The cheap and thin slipcases and the books themselves don't really compare to books produced by CD, Sub Press etc.
    Especially at these prices. £250 is too much considering what I've seen of their books in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      PS Publishing are producing some fascinating and eclectic titles. I wish they would up their production standards though. The cheap and thin slipcases and the books themselves don't really compare to books produced by CD, Sub Press etc.
      Especially at these prices. £250 is too much considering what I've seen of their books in the past.
      I totally agree. I had purchased a few of their earlier King titles, but the smaller size, thinner paper and the way they print their color interior are really turned me off to their books. I only pick up a few mist have titles from them like Rich's and Brian's collections, where I want the text badly enough to forgive the production values.

Comment

I’ve been keeping an eye on this one, too, and will likely pick up the 90 pound two-volume set when it comes out. My only quibble is that it appears to have more focus on film and filmmakers than I would prefer, but I understand they’re trying to reach a broad audience.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Is this the book(s) that they mentioned a few years ago that pretty much disappeared from their site and newsletter?

I recall a book like this being hyped two, maybe three years ago, and then nothing. Almost like I made it up.

I’m interested in the regular two volume edition. The markup for the signed numbered version is quite extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            Is this the book(s) that they mentioned a few years ago that pretty much disappeared from their site and newsletter?

I recall a book like this being hyped two, maybe three years ago, and then nothing. Almost like I made it up.

I’m interested in the regular two volume edition. The markup for the signed numbered version is quite extreme.
            I think it is the same project but can't be sure. I figure I will go with the unsigned two volume set as the signed slip-cased edition is more than double the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
              Completely agree. Just finished The Long Road Home by Richard Chizmar. Loved the stories but the paper feels like a cheap trade edition.

Comment

Any chance of CD selling copies, Dan?
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just ordered this from Camelot, was on the fence, but went ahead and took the plunge!

Comment

Working...
                  X