What I Learned From Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Wan to Produce Remake of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot
    et ready for a return to America’s most famous small town that happens to be filled with Orlokian vampires, Jerusalem’s Lot.
    ‘Salem’s Lot was only the second novel published by Stephen King when it first hit shelves in 1975, and it remains one of the author’s more well-known works. A tale about a writer who returns to his childhood town of Jerusalem’s Lot, only to find it overrun with a vampire infestation, it has been adapted twice before: As a well-regarded 1979 TV movie by Texas Chain Saw Massacre director Tobe Hooper, and again as a quickly forgotten 2004 miniseries.

Now, ‘Salem’s Lot is headed to the one place it’s never actually been: Into movie theaters. As reported by The Wrap, New Line Cinema is producing a big screen adaptation of the vampire story, which will be produced by The Conjuring maestro James Wan and written by It scribe Gary Dauberman. No word yet on who would be directing, but Dauberman would presumably be a possibility—he just wrapped his directorial debut in the upcoming Annabelle Comes Home, also set in New Line’s Conjuring universe.

Compared with weighty tomes such as It or ponderous stories like The Dark Tower, ‘Salem’s Lot is a pretty straightforward King adaptation—an ideal project for a director with visual styles to craft a back-to-basics vampire horror film. The script from Dauberman will likely increase anticipation from some horror fans, given the positive response to It. Dauberman has also written the It: Chapter Two screenplay, as well as the script for the upcoming Swamp Thing. Wan, meanwhile, has become one of the biggest producer-directors in Hollywood, successfully shepherding DC’s Aquaman to financial and critical success, even as he prepares to produce The Conjuring 3.

Comment

Dreams do come true. If you had told me 3 years ago that my name would be on the cover of Cemetery Dance Magazine, I'd have said that's impossible! But nothing is impossible. And I cannot wait to share my story, "Orange Grove Court," with you in their next issue.

I hope you enjoy getting to know the neighbors on Orange Grove Court as much as I did. They're nice folks... Just be sure to keep an eye on your kids. Summer 2019.

Comment

Hey, you forgot to mention I was in there too!!

cdfixed.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Hey, you forgot to mention I was in there too!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21468[/ATTACH]
          HA! lol... Looks kinda cool. An electronically signed copy!

Comment

I'm going to try to get CD to add a section on the cover labeled: "No Contribution By"

Maybe I can get in that section!!

Comment

Must be that super rare variant with Brad's sig.

Congrats on the story, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                James Wan to Produce Remake of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot
                et ready for a return to America’s most famous small town that happens to be filled with Orlokian vampires, Jerusalem’s Lot.
                ‘Salem’s Lot was only the second novel published by Stephen King when it first hit shelves in 1975, and it remains one of the author’s more well-known works. A tale about a writer who returns to his childhood town of Jerusalem’s Lot, only to find it overrun with a vampire infestation, it has been adapted twice before: As a well-regarded 1979 TV movie by Texas Chain Saw Massacre director Tobe Hooper, and again as a quickly forgotten 2004 miniseries.

Now, ‘Salem’s Lot is headed to the one place it’s never actually been: Into movie theaters. As reported by The Wrap, New Line Cinema is producing a big screen adaptation of the vampire story, which will be produced by The Conjuring maestro James Wan and written by It scribe Gary Dauberman. No word yet on who would be directing, but Dauberman would presumably be a possibility—he just wrapped his directorial debut in the upcoming Annabelle Comes Home, also set in New Line’s Conjuring universe.

Compared with weighty tomes such as It or ponderous stories like The Dark Tower, ‘Salem’s Lot is a pretty straightforward King adaptation—an ideal project for a director with visual styles to craft a back-to-basics vampire horror film. The script from Dauberman will likely increase anticipation from some horror fans, given the positive response to It. Dauberman has also written the It: Chapter Two screenplay, as well as the script for the upcoming Swamp Thing. Wan, meanwhile, has become one of the biggest producer-directors in Hollywood, successfully shepherding DC’s Aquaman to financial and critical success, even as he prepares to produce The Conjuring 3.
                I'm pretty excited for the Salem's Lot film. I wonder who is tied to direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Must be that super rare variant with Brad's sig.

Congrats on the story, Jason!
                  Thanks, Brian!

Next story coming May 1st to the Patreon page.
                  http://patreon.com/jasonsechrest

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Jason, thank you for posting these here. I have read and enjoyed most of them and will get to the rest.

On a side note Mr. Sechrest also has a Patreon which offers stories in both digital and audio. I have been planning on joining the audio level when the weather allows for more outside activities. It appears to be about here so I will sign up soon.
                    https://www.patreon.com/jasonsechrest
                    Just saw your subscription to my Patreon page come through Martin, and wanted to say THANK YOU!!! :-)

The next short story arrives tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sechrest View Post
                      Just saw your subscription to my Patreon page come through Martin, and wanted to say THANK YOU!!! :-)

The next short story arrives tomorrow!
                      It was my pleasure. I already listened to Lifeguard and loved it. The story felt very personal and had a fun twist. Looking forward to more!

Comment

For those interested Mr. Sechrest is offering his story The Pool from his Patreon free. You can read or listen to him narrate it. It is a good read!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/26717339

Comment

As long as your not just taking the easy way out LOl!!

Comment

Working...
                          X