Julianne Moore To Headline Apple Drama Series ‘Lisey’s Story’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julianne Moore To Headline Apple Drama Series ‘Lisey’s Story’

Not sure how this will work as a series. Recently re-read it and I really enjoy the story but I think they will need to modify parts to keep peoples attention. King penned the series so at least it will be his vision.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/juliann...ms-1202591567/
    Last edited by Martin; 04-09-2019, 02:11 AM.

I really liked the book, though the present day stuff didn't work quite as well for me. I'm not a very big Julianne Moore fan, though. I also have a hard time thinking this is series worthy. Maybe a solid two to two and half hour movie, but a TV show just doesn't jump out at me with this material. But I could be wrong...

Comment

This is very interesting. Been a while since I read the novel, but I agree...the filmmakers will have to be careful not to make this too close to the book. I can't say this would work as a single two-hour movie, but eight episodes focusing on drama over fantastic plot won't do it for me these days, unfortunately. Hopefully some stuff is changed, but with the author writing the episodes, I doubt it. Anyone know how long it took him to write all the scripts?

Of course, there is another story going on here...King's agents are having a ball placing all his material on various platforms in the streaming era. Maybe King could get Apple to throw some of its awesome cash flow toward a CD anthology series?...

Comment

Working...
      X