Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Motorcycle) Spring is offically here and the sun is starting to stick around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Image what you could do, Dave with oxygen strapped to your back
    Ha, not much compared to some of the guys who ride there Some of the pro riders train in that area, and the Amgen Tour of California usually hits Tahoe at some point. It's amazing to see what those guys can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I've read about that Ultramarathon! The guy I was reading about said that the first time he ran it, he was running on the blacktop and the soles of his sneakers got so hot they separated from the uppers. He said you have to run on the white lines as much as possible to reduce the effects of the temperature on your shoes. Not for me, thank you
      Wonder if you read the same book I did - or at least the article this was originally from in Runner's World - My Life on the Run. The part I won't forget is his telling about finding baked "banana bread" on the road.
      Spoiler!

The doctor I had during high school is actually one of the more well known representative of the Badwater Ultra - Ben Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Wonder if you read the same book I did - or at least the article this was originally from in Runner's World - My Life on the Run. The part I won't forget is his telling about finding baked "banana bread" on the road.
        Spoiler!

The doctor I had during high school is actually one of the more well known representative of the Badwater Ultra - Ben Jones.
        I think it was this one: Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall. I go through phases where I find books like this at the library and they come home with me, even if I have no intention of running more than a couple of blocks with my dog. Such is life.

Comment

Working...
        X