Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Motorcycle) Spring is offically here and the sun is starting to stick around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Motorcycle) Spring is offically here and the sun is starting to stick around...

...which means my weekends become infinitely more interesting.

Here are a couple shots from last weekend, the first time this year that I've been able to get my 2016 Yamaha FJR1300 out on the road for a decent, long ride.

Anybody else have seasonal hobbies/activities?

fjr_beaverpond_forum.jpg

fjr_noparking2.jpg
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-05-2019, 12:22 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

In my younger (aka thinner) days, seasonal activities were hiking in the spring/summer/fall, and snowshoeing in the winter. Diving was a year round activity - you may or not be surprised at how many people were ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that I would go diving in the rain. Let that sink in for a minute (no pun intended.)

Comment

I enjoy hiking. Now that I am fully healed from two hip replacements I may be able get back into it this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I enjoy hiking. Now that I am fully healed from two hip replacements I may be able get back into it this summer.
        Yeah, healed hips would be good for that.

I'm going to go on a hike this Saturday. My employer has a hiking club that is starting up on Saturday - they're going to do some local trails every other week that progressively get longer and harder with the ultimate goal of summitting a 14,000 footer at the end of August. I'm having a hard time imagining that because to me, that's Rainier and that's not a weekend warrior hike. But the mountains here are different.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Yeah, healed hips would be good for that.

I'm going to go on a hike this Saturday. My employer has a hiking club that is starting up on Saturday - they're going to do some local trails every other week that progressively get longer and harder with the ultimate goal of summitting a 14,000 footer at the end of August. I'm having a hard time imagining that because to me, that's Rainier and that's not a weekend warrior hike. But the mountains here are different.
          Need to practice hiking at elevation. It is very different and can kick your but.

Comment

- you may or not be surprised at how many people were ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that I would go diving in the rain. Let that sink in for a minute (no pun intended.)
            Okay, now that’s pretty funny...I’m sadly not surprised, but still amused.

Comment

you may or not be surprised at how many people were ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that I would go diving in the rain. Let that sink in for a minute (no pun intended.)
              Not surprised at all, live near the ocean and whenever it rains I see tourist running for shore. Been 11 years and it's still ridiculous to me every time I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                ...which means my weekends become infinitely more interesting.

Here are a couple shots from last weekend, the first time this year that I've been able to get my 2016 Yamaha FJR1300 out on the road for a decent, long ride.

Anybody else have seasonal hobbies/activities?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21373[/ATTACH]

Ron, you outlaw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21374[/ATTACH]
                I've always wanted to ride but never have learned. It's a bit of a bucket list item for me and I'm very tempted to give it a go once my truck is paid off.

Comment

In my younger (aka thinner) days, seasonal activities were hiking in the spring/summer/fall, and snowshoeing in the winter. Diving was a year round activity - you may or not be surprised at how many people were ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that I would go diving in the rain. Let that sink in for a minute (no pun intended.)
                  I get out of the pool when it rains.

Comment

The only summer activity I enjoy these last two years is not having nightly panic attacks. That's usually a big plus. Other than that, it's just getting outside. Swimming and hiking--nothing extreme, we have a few state parks that I like to bring the kids to and they're very manageable as day trips.

I always wanted to get a motorcycle. That looks like a sweet ride, Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      I've always wanted to ride but never have learned. It's a bit of a bucket list item for me and I'm very tempted to give it a go once my truck is paid off.
                      I’ve ridden since I was ten years old, it’s as much a part of me as anything I do. I really can’t imagine life without one in the garage.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thanks, Jeff, this is my third season with it, and I am really enjoying it. It’s my first bike that’s more sportsbike and not a cruiser-style bike (like what a Harley looks like)...it’s been a lot of fun experiencing this type of bike and wringing out what it can do. Also has more power than any of my previous bikes…an in-line four-cylinder, the thing has around 145 hp… I think that’s more than our first few cars had!

Comment

It's time to get back outside on my bike. I've been mostly using the indoor trainer since the end of November due to all the cold/rain/wind we've had since then.

I have 20,581 miles on this one so far.

DSCN0276.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          The only summer activity I enjoy these last two years is not having nightly panic attacks. That's usually a big plus. Other than that, it's just getting outside. Swimming and hiking--nothing extreme, we have a few state parks that I like to bring the kids to and they're very manageable as day trips.

Summer of 2021, we're getting bikes, Jeff!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            It's time to get back outside on my bike. I've been mostly using the indoor trainer since the end of November due to all the cold/rain/wind we've had since then.

I have 20,581 miles on this one so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21375[/ATTACH]
                            Wow! Ron doesn't even have that on his bike

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Wow! Ron doesn't even have that on his bike
                              I had a couple of years where I put more miles on the bike than on my car

I do a lot of group rides around here for fun and exercise, but I love riding around scenic areas. I see so much more than I do when I'm driving. My favorite rides have been in the Lake Tahoe area...so much to see out there.

This one was 133 miles with almost 10,000 feet of climbing. Incline Village - Carson City - Jacks Valley Road to the top of Carson Pass, then back around the lake to Incline. Amazing scenery.

Tahoe_01.PNG

Comment

Working...
                              X