New Bookcases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    As long as that’s significantly less creepy than Boxing Helena ...
    Back in the day me and Sherilyn Fenn had a thing going only she didn't know about it. And I wanted to see that movie but some asshat spoiled it for me by spoiling it. Also, the plot sort of reflected the one sided relationship I had going with Sheri (it's what I called her on our "dates") and it hit too close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I think he should embark on a nationwide tour to unbox in a home near you.

Homeowner: "I woke up and this guy was in my living room standing in front of my bookshelves with this huge knife!"
      Cop: "Did he threaten you? Did you feel threatened?"
      H: "No . . . mostly I was bored and frustrated."
      C: "How so?"
      H: "Well, I just wanted to see the f**kin' book he was talking about but he was going on and on and on about some other sh!t and I couldn't skip ahead 'cause it's live right there in my living room."
      C: "What an asshole."
      H: "Book was super cool though."
      C: "What did he do with the knife?"
      H: "Other than almost cut off a finger? Nothing. Just cut the tape on the box. I think he overcompensating for something with that knife, if you want to know what I think."
      C: "Hahahaha what a loser!"

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Homeowner: "I woke up and this guy was in my living room standing in front of my bookshelves with this huge knife!"
        H: "Well, I just wanted to see the f**kin' book he was talking about but he was going on and on and on about some other sh!t and I couldn't skip ahead 'cause it's live right there in my living room."
        H: "Other than almost cut off a finger? Nothing. Just cut the tape on the box. I think he overcompensating for something with that knife, if you want to know what I think."

Comment

The whole script's ready for the first episode eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
            The whole script's ready for the first episode eh ?
            Almost. I'm happy to share more as we progress.

A few production notes: We're getting Mike Flanagan to direct!! We were going to have Idris Elba play me but the social media reaction was just awful and the producers caved to the pressure. It wasn't a racial thing like it was with DT. The public just felt he was wrong for the part, being toooo damn sexy to play me convincingly. So now we're having tough time casting for my character. I might have to play myself.

Has this thread been irredeemably derailed?? I do this in meetings all the time.

Comment

LMFAO!!

Comment

I said I would try to snap some photos of my Billy Bookcase display shelves with lights. I am gradually replacing a mishmash of different bookcases. Currently in the Den I have a desk that runs one whole wall with shelves on the top. That will not change and everything I do will need to blend with that. The room also has some rather strange dimensions. The Bill cases will allow me to better use the space. I currently have some oak cases from Costco and some Sauder cases mixed in. They will eventually be replaced with more Billy cases.

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I probably will not take the time to get quality photos until I complete the transition:

The top shelf on the Billy cases is a glass shelf with LED lighting. I will post side by side photos with flash and without:
                P1380470.jpgP1380471.jpg

P1380473.jpgP1380472.jpg

Comment

I have a similar setup on the desk shelves:
                  P1380480.jpgP1380479.jpgP1380475.jpgP1380474.jpg

Comment

Looks great, Martin! Love all the little accessories that make a fun and impressive visual presentation(s).
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Very nice, Martin! I really like the lights in the case. It's starting to make me rethink my decision! Thanks for posting the pics.

Comment

Thanks guys. The photos do not do them justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Thanks guys. The photos do not do them justice.
                          I want justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Those are some awesome shelves! Love the way you display everything. Thanks for showing!

Comment

Those are some awesome shelves! Love the way you display everything. Thanks for showing!
                              Thanks. Can't wait to see what you do with those shelves you are building.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I have a similar setup on the desk shelves:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21423[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21426[/ATTACH]
                                All your photos look very nice to me except for a couple here which are clearly darker making it harder to see all the books. Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X