New Bookcases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bookcases

After a little too much money and over the course of about a month, I finally finished putting together my "reading room" along with my new bookcases! I've been wanting something nicer than what I've had for quite some time, but we were finally able to afford it.

IMG_1912 (2).jpg
    IMG_1916 (2).jpg

My reading area:
    IMG_1901 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 03-31-2019, 12:25 AM.

Here's a few more pictures of the room in general.
    My movie collection:
    IMG_1918 (4).jpg

I co-opted the closet and had a buddy help me build the shelving. You can't see it in the picture, but the shelves go to the ceiling. The only thing I regret is that we chose to repaint the room after we put in the shelves and I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to paint around them.

Comment

Here's the desk area:

IMG_1921 (2).jpg

Here's a better picture of the posters. Mr. Chadbourne's Carrie print is in the center, flanked on either side by some minimalist posters of a few of my favorite movies:

IMG_1922 (2).jpg

Up close picture of a minimalist LOST poster that I've had forever but never got around to putting up:

IMG_1923 (2).jpg

Comment

And final shot of the last wall. Captain America always reminds me of my youth, so I had to have this:

IMG_1925 (2).jpg

And a hat rack with a couple of bookends. The book is an old copy of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. It is opened up to display what I think is some of the best opening lines of a book:

"What was the worst thing you've ever done?
        I won't tell you that, but I'll tell you the worst thing that ever happened to me...the most dreadful thing..."

IMG_1924 (2).jpg

And just for fun: My dog deciding to use my old typewriter as a what had to be a very uncomfortable pillow:

IMG_1932 (2).jpg

Comment

Fantastic space!! I'd never leave that room. Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

That looks just spectacular…enjoy your time there (looks like your dog is already ;-)).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Fantastic reading room, thanks for sharing the photos and congratulations!

Comment

Really nice! Thanks for sharing your Treasure Room!!

Comment

That's awesome, Keith! Gotta love dogs. They will literally lie on anything. Mine prefers the TV remote for some reason If you win that bid, you're gonna need a bigger room though

I also thought Annie might be holding you captive there with the typewriter and all. It's a great place to be hole up though.

Comment

Congrats on the space. Lovely space and great bookcases. Looks like a wonderful place to enjoy a good book.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The whole room looks great! LOVE the shelves! I would need probably 3x or 4x the number of shelves to house all of our books.

I'm still waiting for the dedicated reading room - hopefully the next time I move (which hopefully will be the last time I move . . .) we will get that dedicated space. We're close - but it's not quite there.

And I love the idea of co-opting the closet to store your movies (and behind curtains too!) That's a good idea for future space.

Comment

Love the room. Every book lovers dream is to have a space like that. Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Now I'm hoping I'll be able to carve out more time to spend in there and not so much time at work!

Comment

Beautiful!

Hunter

Comment

sock monkey - what kind of shelves are those? Where did you purchase them? Gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                              X