Has a show like this ever been done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a show like this ever been done...

While watching a recent episode of Saturday Night Live, a thought occurred to me as I considered the short digital films they exhibit, in particular the ones that are almost like little movies. Could there be a show with the same kind of format, live, but for horror instead of comedy? Has there ever been a program like that?

I was thinking that maybe a set staff of writers could, each week, create sketches that are performed live that could be based in the horror/sci-fi genre and could explore different aspects of life, as well as the week's news. And of course there could be little films made each week as well. Would seem to also be a good incubator for a media company in the sense that some of the stuff could turn into actual movies or series, just as what occurs sometimes with SNL.

I don't know if this has been done before. Maybe in the days of early television when a lot of stuff was live?

This would kick ass.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

My apologies for just getting back to this now.

I agree, I would really like to see something like this. Maybe pitch it to SyFy if that channel had room for an experimental part of its portfolio?...

Comment

Working...
      X