srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I am rcommending that u do that because chances are non of the CD books or or ps pub books are sk anyway ao why not.
    Lol.
    Decisions, decisions...I have to read it some time...and I did choose to start War and Peace a month before 11/22/63 came out, so it's not like I' haven't made screwy decisons before concerning my TBR...

UTD it is!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This is a no brainer not a screwy decision. The characters in this book are great. Felt real. Like it could easily happen (if nvisible domes were possible)

Comment

Found this online. Kinda neat.

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just realized scarecrow Joe looks like my boyfriend. Hahaha same stance n all.

Comment

Really like that illustration with all of them together!

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Some more stuff from my paperback shelves. A Song of Ice and Fire.

I did buy the B&N slipcased edition of A Game of Thrones, but aside that these are the GRRM editions I have.

DSCF1649.jpg

I read a friend's copy of aGoT in 1996, but never continued with the series. Then I bought these for a 9-month Enduring Freedom deployment I went on. I re-read the first one and got through the second one, but then got involved in other things. I'd always meant to read the third one, but then the soap opera of A Feast for Crows began and when it was finally published in paperback, it wasn't in this cover style. So I decided then that I would wait for the series to be finished before conintuing.
                Last edited by srboone; 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Then, there's LOTR. These aren't the editions I first read (those were copies in my grade school library that were falling apart, tape back together and were falling apart again). But these are the ones that have served me since high school--Silver Jubilee editions with some sweet Darryl K. Sweet art from the 1982 calendar.

DSCF1653.jpg

I need to get some new editions, but these have held up pretty well through multiple readings over the last 30 years.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

One of the fantasy novels I read in high school was one of the first one's I looked for when I started frequenting back alley bookshops as a collector. I finally found one ( a 6th print) and have read it couple of times through. It didn't hold up as well with me the last time I read it (about 2 years ago), but it has a nostalgia aspect for me that I can't kick.

DSCF1655.jpgDSCF1657.jpg

Of course, this lead me to one of my favourite Piers Anthony books On a Pale Horse--the rest of Incarnations of Immortality books just didn't live up to the first one. I also have an econo-clad Tarot trilogy by Anthony that I haven't read yet, but is idling on my TBR.
                    Last edited by srboone; 04-22-2012, 08:33 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My copy of the Hobbit is still in good shape, granted its not as old as yours. It's a hardcover that is similar to the first us edition. I think its the us edition, it's the one that's green with blue colored mountains. I only have copies of The Two Towers and Return of the King. I never read the first one as the movie had come out.

Comment

Nice paperbacks Squire! Like the GRRM set. Too bad they changed the art style and your set is not complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                          My copy of the Hobbit is still in good shape, granted its not as old as yours. It's a hardcover that is similar to the first us edition. I think its the us edition, it's the one that's green with blue colored mountains. I only have copies of The Two Towers and Return of the King. I never read the first one as the movie had come out.
                          By not reading the first one you're misssing out on Tom Bombadil! He didn't make intothoe original screenplay.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I had trouble reading the second two so i never had the desire to read the first one. They took me a long time to get through. I may give them another go some day and read the first as well.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              Then, there's LOTR. These aren't the editions I first read (those were copies in my grade school library that were falling apart, tape back together and were falling apart again). But these are the ones that have served me since high school--Silver Jubilee editions with some sweet Darryl K. Sweet art from the 1982 calendar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7302[/ATTACH]

I need to get some new editions, but these have held up pretty well through multiple readings over the last 30 years.
                              Boy, these versions look awfully familiar. They were my original editions, too!
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                So I decided then that I would wait for the series to be finished before conintuing.
                                So when do you think that will be, Squire?

Love those paperback covers, btw.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X