Page 6 of 137 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: srboone's collection

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Thanks, guys. I love Easton Press. I've been with them for about 5 years now. I'm still working on my photography skills (which are the worst on this board.)
    Easton do lovely work - and your pix skills aren't too shabby Squire

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    DVD copies of my favorite TV series: Quantum Leap (1989-1993)

Doctor Sam Beckett led a group of top scientists into the desert to research his theory that a man could time travel within his own lifetime. Unfortunately, in order to save his funding, he was forced to enter the accelerator prematurely and vanished. He then found himself in someone else's body with partial amnesia. His only contact from home is Al, a holographic image only he can see and hear. Setting right things which once went wrong, Sam leaps from life to life, hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

DSCF0233.jpg

QL is a family show, something you can let the kids watch. Each episode is self-contained and can be watched out of order. It also had the only series finale that I wasn't disappointed in. The Sci-fi Channel (Syfy--what the hell is that????) sometimes runs the entire series.

Of special note would be Season 3, Episode 5: "The Boogieman (October 31,1964)". The infamous Stephen King episode. Find a site that streams it and watch it. You won't regret it.

NOTE: I love the X-files. Definitely my second-favorite. But it did go on too long. Should have ended when Duchovny left the series.
    Last edited by srboone; 10-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quantum Leap is great! I remember watching it when it first aired! For those who've never had the pleasure, be sure to check this one out!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Wow! I know what I'm putting on my christmas list...back TFU Northern Exposure.

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    Wow! I know what I'm putting on my christmas list...back TFU Northern Exposure.
    Loved Northern Exposure

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Loved Northern Exposure
    Maurice was da man!!!!!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Now for a few of the "treasures" my grandmother left me:

A copy of When WorldsCollide, unknow year of publication.
    DSCF0242.jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

A 1924 copy of Pinocchio with illustrations:

DSCF0244.jpgDSCF0246.jpg

One of the many joys of the original work is that the wood Pinocchio was carved from was given to Geppetto by a rival carpenter as a joke, who knew that the wood was alive and wanted to vex G. The illustration is of the converstion G has with the piece of wood.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Finally, a first edition, 1927, of the very first Hardy Boys book, The Tower Treasure.

DSCF0240.jpgDSCF0248.jpg

The text has changed over the years, mostly to reflect the changing technology and mores of society; also, the police force of Bayport was the equivalent of theKeystone Kops--that was also cut. The orignal stroies were 24 chapters long. Today, the books are only 20 chapters. Here is my favorite example of what was cut out.

DSCF0249.jpg

Slim Robinson is the Negro-Italian son of the caretaker of the Applegate Estate who is suspected of stealing the treasure.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I love the Pinocchio!!!!

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Finally, a first edition, 1927, of the very first Hardy Boys book, The Tower Treasure.

DSCF0240.jpgDSCF0248.jpg

The text has changed over the years, mostly to reflect the changing technology and mores of society; also, the police force of Bayport was the equivalent of theKeystone Kops--that was also cut. The orignal stroies were 24 chapters long. Today, the books are only 20 chapters. Here is my favorite example of what was cut out.

DSCF0249.jpg

Slim Robinson is the Negro-Italian son of the caretaker of the Applegate Estate who is suspected of stealing the treasure.
    hahahahahahahaha --- why did we have to get so damn politically correct and kill all the fun associated with how text like this translates to us modern 21st century folk Seriously, Mr Boone, these books of your grandmothers are nothing short of pure gold!!!!

This was a specialty press that reprinted these original texts; I haven't been on therir site in a few years, so I don't know if they still do--can't even remember what it's called.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I love the Pinocchio!!!!
    +1

sk

I've a few signed editions from Easton Press (with one on the way)--only one is numbered. Here's one of the unnumbered ones I have. It's not a first edition, published 1990. EP issues some of their signed edition with COAs, as with The Sword of Shannara.

DSCF0251.jpgDSCF0256.jpgDSCF0262.jpg

Has all the great B&W Hildebrant art, but not the full-color pull-out (which I miss...)

It does have a new frontpiece, tho:

DSCF0258.jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I want it!!!!
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I had a choice between editions of TSoS to get (I do have a 9th printing paperback)--a signed 1st/1st HC for $1200, a 1st print unsigned w/o jacket for $400, or this one for $125. The choice was pretty simple!
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    That illustration is fantastic! Great addition Squire!

I think that I was so disapointed that the full-color pullout wasn't included, I was kinda ambivalent about the front piece. I really like now, tho.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Those Easton books are truly lovely Mr Boone

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Absolutely gorgeous, Squire!
    I love those Hildebrandt brothers!

sk