• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Legend is a great book.
    One of Matheson's best, I think.

sk

Comment

Stayed up most of the night reading I am Legend--25 to 30 pages an hour is about average for me--had to read around the baseball games as well.

Dry in a lot of places, but I love intellectual pursuit books, so Legend gets an approval nod from me. Halfway through, I realized that there's also 10 of Matheson's shorter works in the volume.

I love happy surprises.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Centipede Press' The Ninth Configuration:

I wasn't expecting to find the signature page at the end of the book and I did have a moment of anxiety, until I remembered the face of my father and looked there.
        PICT 002.jpgPICT 003.jpg

I do want to express indignation about bookseller stickers placed on the covers of books.
        But I've become adept at removing them and the residue.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I love these Centipede books!!

sk

Comment

Bookseller stickers.... don't get me started on that one. Lets just say I don't like them, not one bit. But, compared to what my bookstore does to books, stickers aren't so bad. They put those plastic things on the inside of the back cover:

The glue is so strong, it makes them almost impossible to take off without damaging the book!

Comment

Holy Book-selling Blunders, Batman!

You need to find another bookstore!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I wish it was just that easy. It has the best selection of books in the area. Other stores with books in English maybe have a shelf or two at the most and most of the time they have nothing new that I don't already have. Although I heard about some other bookstore in the area that supposedly has a good selection, just need to find it.

Comment

Why anyone would do that to books is beyond me. Would it be possible to talk to them and have things set aside for you without those tags being attached? Obviously you'd have to know what you'd want to get ahead of time though. Might not be possible, but wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

And here I am bitching about having to use Goo Gone and leather wipes to clean residue of a cover. I've never encounter a sticker on a paper cover (like SUbterranean Press uses), tho; I'd probably just pass the book up. I was able to get a good copy of King's The Dead Zone cheaply because of 4 stickers placed on it (one a child's unicorn sticker)-took me all day, but i fixed it.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      Why anyone would do that to books is beyond me. Would it be possible to talk to them and have things set aside for you without those tags being attached? Obviously you'd have to know what you'd want to get ahead of time though. Might not be possible, but wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose.
                      I'll try that, maybe I can work something out with them. Have them set aside the books for me when a shipment comes in or something like that. Or convince them to get rid of those damn tags.

Comment

I noticed Waldenbooks near me was putting the sensor tags on for a while. Except they didn't put it on near the back, it was randomly inserted in the middle area of the book. I had a stack of manga books I wanted and just noticed one felt different. I got and haven't been back since.

Comment

I've always been able to remove them painlessly; but from magna books, it might be different.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My latest acquisition. It's my second copy, but my favorite.

DSCF0119.jpg

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice! Now why would this one be your favorite, I wonder?

Someone wrote all over the inside!

Comment

I know. I'll just have to throw it on the pile with my 1910 copy of Alice in Wonderlandthat my grandmother wrote all over when she was 10 years old.

But I'll deal with it....
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X