Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

If you'll indulge me one last time, I forgot about the big boy (it was still in the basement from when i had to go flying down there last week). This monster is the ceterpiece of my library. It mesures 13 1/2 by 17 1/2 inches and had a shipping weight of 24 lbs. Part of that was the clamshell case it came in.

The Works of Geoffery Chaucer was printed in 1896 by The Kelmscott Press and is considered to be one of the most beautiful books ever printed. It's roughly around 600 pages and an original single page runs between $3,000-$5,000. Only 425 copies were printed and I think only 13 complete editions are in existence today, tho many partial copies exist. This is of course a facsimile copy published by Easton Press. (run of 425).

I can't remember where i got the afghan it is resting on here, but after reading Lisey's Story, it is now called an african:

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

As always, thanks for peeking...
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Awesome!!
        This is one of the most beautiful books I've ever seen.
        Thanks for sharing.

sk

Comment

Most excellent! That Lisey's Story is awesome! Yet another great collection..thanks for sharing! I love seeing all these first/limited/special editions that everyone has, they're all new to me. Alas, I'll check out everyone else's later, this is wearing me out. lol.
          P.S. How is The Passage? I've been holding off on it....

Comment

Don't wait too long! you'll hate yourself for putting it off!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice! I would love to have that Fahrenheit 451 in my collection.
              Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
                P.S. How is The Passage? I've been holding off on it....
                I'll keep holding it off till the trilogy is complete.

sk

Comment

I wish I had the first edition of Carrie; but my art teacher and I were very close and when she went to Ohio, she found a Canadian edition of Carrie. It's one of my treasures.

Comment

My latest, as in 20 minutes ago, acquistions: Easton Press' Day After Doomsday set.

Front piece for each volume by Patrick Jones. Sorry about the focus on each one. I spend my money on books, not cameras.

PICT 010.jpg

PICT 011.jpgPICT 015.jpgPICT 013.jpgPICT 012.jpgPICT 014.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really like that artwork, are the books signed?

Comment

No they're not signed. It would be nice if they were. I've got the 6 signed Ep books posted earlier in this thread, but that's it from EP. They do have signed copies of Flash Forward, The Immortality Factor, Riddley Walker,Directive 51, Hylozoic, and other SF novels on ther web site,tho.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Excellent additions! I just read Lucifer's Hammer not that long ago and thought the story is holding up well.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Great addition! Would really like to have a nice copy of I Am Legend in my collection.

Comment

Love what I see here!
                              Congratulations!!

sk

Comment

I need to read I Am Legend. Although I read The Postman after seeing the movie, and didn't like it as much. I hope it wouldn't be the same.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X