Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS4.jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

AS5.jpg

I'm not sure why I bought this one, I think because I didn't get the Jurrassic Park Lost World set EP offered and then Crichton passed away. Also, USA was coming out with a new mini-series of AS. It's a nice looking volume.
      Last edited by srboone; 11-09-2011, 12:49 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

One of the unnumbered EPs: Wicked by Gregory Maquire.

W.jpg
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

W1.jpg
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

W2.jpg

No special art for this volume, simply the Trade HC in a letherbound edition. I must comment on the extraordinary difference between this book and the musical based on it: 180 deg opposite of each other. Where the musical is very family-friendly tho quite scary in places, the book is a very pessimistic discussion of the place of religion in society. Elphaba (the wicked witch) is actually a child of the three religions of the land: the dogmatic, the mystical and the scientific. This isn't the palce for a discussion of the book, but the set of the musical I saw was outlined with the Dragon Clock-- representative of the scientific religion. I wouldn't have known what it was without reading the book.
            Last edited by srboone; 11-09-2011, 12:50 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Excellent Easton stuff Squire, just love the look of them

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                I was class of '84, too. We were the Cougars.

And all the girls in the class still are.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                  So they still don't want you!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've enjoyed reading through this thread. Nice collection. I want your Easton signed/limited editions of FAHRENHEIT 451 and THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN! That PINOCCHIO is pretty cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1731[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure why I bought this one, I think because I didn't get the Jurrassic Park Lost World set EP offered and then Crichton passed away. Also, USA was coming out with a new mini-series of AS. It's a nice looking volume.
                      I love "The Andromeda Strain" I thought it was a great book.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                        You're close enough, you may actually know some of them!
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I need to get me one of these Easton Press books someday, they are beautiful books!

Comment

One of the things, I like about EP is that a lot of their books are paid for in installments (and they'll send you the book while you're paying.) Check them out!

eastonpress.com

A company I have ordered from in the past that is over in England is

foliosociety.com

I don't like them as well, but I've got some nice books from them.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1734[/ATTACH]

No special art for this volume, simply the Trade HC in a letherbound edition. I must comment on the extraordinary difference between this book and the musical based on it: 180 deg opposite of each other. Where the musical is very family-friendly tho quite scary in places, the book is a very pessimistic discussion of the place of religion in society. Elphaba (the wicked witch) is actually a child of the three religions of the land: the dogmatic, the mystical and the scientific. This isn't the place for a discussion of the book, but the set of the musical I saw was outlined with the Dragon Clock-- representative of the scientific religion. I wouldn't have known what it was without reading the book.
                              I grew up a huge fan of the Oz series of books. Reading this book as an adult, I thought it was very well written and I very much enjoyed it.

Later I saw the stage production, which I also enjoyed, but I agree with your assessment. It is very different from the book.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                I grew up a huge fan of the Oz series of books. Reading this book as an adult, I thought it was very well written and I very much enjoyed it.

Later I saw the stage production, which I also enjoyed, but I agree with your assessment. It is very different from the book.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the sequels.
                                I enjoyed the book very much, too. But Maquire is a pessimist when it comes to religion, that's all. It can be shocking for someone who reads the book after watching the stage show, tho. (I read it before.) I've never read any of the sequels (i may someday, I keep hoping EP will put the other three out.). Thanks for looking at me collection.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X