srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    It was so sad, I can't even begin to tell you. The one that I thought about getting that was in perfect condition was Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge. But I held off....
    It's not in your grab bag. I think I have 4 copies sitting here though... lol
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Bad Dan! How dare you not be able to read squires mind and put that in his Grab Bag.

Comment

by the way Squire, +1 for the wallpaper!

Comment

This is the only copy of The Green MIle I have. 1st prints of the serial parts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8524[/ATTACH]
          Strange - I only have the 1st US printing of part 1. Plus the 1st printing of the complete UK collection. And I always buy 1st/1sts of both US/UK editions.
          I have no idea what happened!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            by the way Squire, +1 for the wallpaper!
            Thanks, Pete. I postioned the book so that Darren McGavin was admiring it as a Major Award!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              Bad Dan! How dare you not be able to read squires mind and put that in his Grab Bag.
              So you chastise him AFTER he puts 11/22/63 in your grag bag!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yup, caught that! Artsy and creative! You do seem to have a dust issue however...

Comment

I mentioned earlier that I was 4 out of 5 in the auction for Miss Kelly's Student Ambassador trip to Europe. The one I didn't get was Set's Quartet from Thunderstorm books. Well I got into a bidding war with someone and jacked the price up to $150 1 day before the auction ended. That was stupid because $150 was the most I'd be able to go. I learned mylesson and was able to snipe the other four. But at the same time, somone else had put up a copy of SQ at $199, probably thinking that whoever did not win would be willing to catch it on the rebound for a higher price. Well, after I lost, I offered $100 for it, telling the seller that the only reason the other one went for 150 was because it was for a good cause. He refused my offer because he had refused an earlier offer of $125.

Fair enough.

But I watched it and over the next week the price fell to 159, then 129, then 119 (rose briefly back up to 129 just before the auction ended, then went back to 119). That night at work, I looked at it and it had fallen to $99, so I bought it. At one dollar less than my offer! It was in the mail today.

SQ1 (574x800).jpg

SQ2 (562x800).jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It has stories by JF Gonzalez, Nate Southard, Kelli Owens, Brian Keene, and Ronald Kelly in it. All are reprints.

DSCF2150 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2152 (800x600).jpg

I looked this book up on the TSB website and found it in the Gallery (1 of 4), but not the catalog. When I went to the TSB forums I found out that SQ is the CHapbook series that TSB will give free to those who purchase all of a certain series. I think the second one is for those who purchase all 8 of Ronald Kelly's Supercell editions.

All said and done, I would rather have gotten it from the Kelly auction, but I have it so I won't complain.
                    Last edited by srboone; 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But I watched it and over the next week the price fell to 159, then 129, then 119 (rose briefly back up to 129 just before the auction ended, then went back to 119). That night at work, I looked at it and it had fallen to $99, so I bought it. At one dollar less than my offer! It was in the mail today.
                      That's awesome!
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

You've got pro ebay skillz Squire! Great catch!

Comment

I got lucky! I assume you can tell if one of your items on ebay is one somebody's watch list. When I saw it drop to $99, I figured the seller just wanted to dump it and move on. Happy to oblige!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very good catch Squire.
                            It has stories by JF Gonzalez, Nate Southard, Kelli Owens, Brian Keene, and Ronald Kelly in it. All are reprints.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8622[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8623[/ATTACH]

I looked this book up on the TSB website and found it in the Gallery (1 of 4), but not the catalog. When I went to the TSB forums I found out that SQ is the CHapbook series that TSB will give free to those who purchase all of a certain series. I think the second one is for those who purchase all 8 of Ronald Kelly's Supercell editions.

All said and done, I would rather have gotten it from the Kelly auction, but I have it so I won't complain.

Comment

I mentioned earlier that I was 4 out of 5 in the auction for Miss Kelly's Student Ambassador trip to Europe. The one I didn't get was Set's Quartet from Thunderstorm books. Well I got into a bidding war with someone and jacked the price up to $150 1 day before the auction ended. That was stupid because $150 was the most I'd be able to go. I learned mylesson and was able to snipe the other four. But at the same time, somone else had put up a copy of SQ at $199, probably thinking that whoever did not win would be willing to catch it on the rebound for a higher price. Well, after I lost, I offered $100 for it, telling the seller that the only reason the other one went for 150 was because it was for a good cause. He refused my offer because he had refused an earlier offer of $125.

Fair enough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8611[/ATTACH]
                              Creepily Awesome Cover! Good catch Squire.

Comment

Than you, miss weatherbee!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X