No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be next on my list when I finish the 3 books I am working on now.
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Great stuff Squire, enjoyed catching up on your thread! & you must read Old Man Scratch by Rio Youers, a great novella from a great author!

Comment

Good to know.It is amazing how much that cover screams read me now.
      Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Read it, and it was quite amusing.

Comment

It was a 90-minute read for me. It was like a 50-page story in an anthology. Not big deal to read.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          You might get some of them. We're gonna be using some of that stuff in these grab bags for the people that where concerned about getting duplicates and what not.
          Don't get too excited guys, all the good ones Dan promptly place in my grab bag. lol. Which I was glad to hear shipped today.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            My Carrie print will probably remain in it's tube for a while. I won't have any room for it.
            As will mine, well I will take it out. Show everyone in my house even if they don't give a shit, make sure its intact as it should be(and it will be cuz CD is awesome at packing shit; I'm still finding packing peanuts everwhere) then promtply but it back in its tube til I move(god I hope thats soon)

Comment

It's my day off and I suddenly realized that I had never been to a Hal Price Books store before. When I went on line, I realized that the closed one to me was 30 minutes away; so that's why. But I decided to go anyway. And What I saw made me want to cry. At least 2O CD volumes with mangled and ripped jackets. An SoD Vol.2 without a jacket and a scratched leather cover for $100. There was one CD volume that I didn't have that had a perfect cover, but I waited to see what I get in the F134 Grab Bag. Then I saw a number of sp volumes with ripped and mangled covers and I didn't feel better as much as just less sad. Anyway, I did find some things I wanted.

A slipcased first print Plume pbk of The Green Mile.

DSCF2132 (497x800).jpg

I have to spend some time getting the sticker off, but I know I can.

DSCF2134 (800x600).jpg

DSCF2136 (600x800).jpg
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This is the only copy of The Green MIle I have. 1st prints of the serial parts.

DSCF2138 (800x600).jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Next, A first print of The American trade HC of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. Again, I'll have to spend some time removing the sticker.

DSCF2140 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2142 (600x800).jpg
                  Last edited by srboone; 05-11-2012, 07:21 PM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So it goes along with this, a first print UK Hodder & Stoughton trade HC. Now why a little mom and pop bookstore in Hays, Kansas got a UK edition of the book in 1996, I'll never know, but this is what I've had on my shelf for 16 years.

DSCF2145 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2146 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2148 (600x800).jpg

There were others I might have gotten; I couldn't remember if I had the white on red or red on white version of Insomnia, so I passed on it; I didn't get the pop GWLTG becasue some of the pop-ups were bent; there was a whole row of Ketchum paperbacks. In the locked cabinets were copies og LRB's The Strain, Poe, and the Arthur Darknell double for $300 apiece--at least I can say I've held them at least once.

An enjoyable 2 hours of my life I don't regret.
                    Last edited by srboone; 05-11-2012, 07:34 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have the same Green Mile Paperback. No slipcase though. My sister ordered it for me on ebay and it SAID it was the 6 paperbacks or at least she thought it was anyway. Jelous of the Tom Gordon though. been looking for a copy that I dont have to spend shipping on because its not a book thats worth paying like $40 for but its is my favorite or second favorite. I still haven't decided. lol.

Comment

Nice adds Squire! Can't wait to hit up HPB myself over the summer. Although it is a bit sad to hear so many books are in such a bad state...

Comment

Aww two Tom Gordons. Theres a shit load of hate coming in your direction now Squire.

Comment

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel the HATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              Aww two Tom Gordons. Theres a shit load of hate coming in your direction now Squire.
                              Whew, I was beginning to think you liked me, TEri! Couldn't have that now, could we?
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Nice adds Squire! Can't wait to hit up HPB myself over the summer. Although it is a bit sad to hear so many books are in such a bad state...
                                It was so sad, I can't even begin to tell you. The one that I thought about getting that was in perfect condition was Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge. But I held off....
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X