No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book is one of my favorites. The movie has litttle differences, such as who has the birthmark, various connection between the stories, and having the same actor play different parts puts a different spin on the story, but I love the movie too. The movie is put together differtnly from the book: it follows each story from beginning to end simultaneously. The book presents the first half of each story, then presents the second half of each in reverse order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4 , 3, 2, 1.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And, of course, there's Carrie:

CARR1.jpgCARR2.jpg

Lots of great, epic art inside (and out), but I'll just post my favorite piece:

CARR3.jpg

Awesome!
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

All this additions are very nice. The Carrie artwork looks amazing. I'm still waiting on mine. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          The book is one of my favorites. The movie has litttle differences, such as who has the birthmark, various connection between the stories, and having the same actor play different parts puts a different spin on the story, but I love the movie too. The movie is put together differtnly from the book: it follows each story from beginning to end simultaneously. The book presents the first half of each story, then presents the second half of each in reverse order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4 , 3, 2, 1.
          Interesting, I'll have to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            And, of course, there's Carrie:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16121[/ATTACH]

Lots of great, epic art inside (and out), but I'll just post my favorite piece:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16122[/ATTACH]

Awesome!
            I keep seeing different pieces of art from the interior of Carrie and each looks better than the last. Great additions, can;t wait to have Carrie in hand!

Comment

That is a beautiful book. Looking g forward to receiving my copy.

Comment

Wow! Haven't posted anything since January!

I hinted in another thread that I had a new Easton Press coming, one that I told myself I would buy is ever EP published it, and it arrived. The whole uninteresting saga began in the summer of my junior year in high school when I was rummaging through the paperback rack in Weiner's Bestyet Supermarket in my home town and came across a couple of books that looked interesting.

DSCF4997 (400x300).jpg

I'd never read anything like them before. Hitchhiker's was hysterical and had me laughing out loud in many places. But Restaurant blew me away and remains, for me, the best of the series. I didn't even consider the idea of a third book, so I left it at that.

Then when I was in college, I found this in Gulliver's bookstore (which, sadly, is defunct):

DSCF5004 (300x400).jpg

A third book! I couldn't resist. Turned out to be a letdown compared to the first two, but silly enough to make it worthwhile.

Then, sometime during my college carreer, the local library had a book sale and I picked up this for about $4:

DSCF5006 (300x400).jpg

A much better outing. Terrific gag about the title and God's final message to his creation was a great way to end the whole affair (though I was saddened about Marvin's fate.)

Years later, I came across this in a Borders (also, now defunct):

DSCF5008 (300x400).jpg

But I never read it. Over the years, I've seen The Omnibus edition of The Hitchhiker's Trilogy, first containing four books, the five books. but I never gave any thought to buying them. Sometime after 2007 (after I'd discovered Easton Press), I thought to myself:

IF EVER, EASTON PRESS PUSHLISHED THE ULTIMATE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, I'D BUY IT!!!

I think you know where this is going...
                Last edited by srboone; 06-29-2015, 04:13 AM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So, I did. Barnes and Noble has a much less expensive edition of this book, but...this is Easton Press!

DSCF5009 (300x400).jpg

Plus, it has five pieces of art to go with it!

32e0cda9-81b4-451c-8565-1753b95cb7ab_400_0.jpg18b80570-442f-4376-b515-6228e0712ba0.jpgeb4d7bd8-19cd-4b5d-a509-9c64358d13d3.jpg3bef592c-26f0-4895-bf53-61f9d4b9d775.jpgc620714c-0e7c-4fc8-bf5f-de5dae35986c.jpg

I'm happy....
                  Last edited by srboone; 06-29-2015, 03:23 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So would I!

Comment

Wow!!!!! Super outstanding. Amazing. . Awe inspiring. ......oh and the books not bad either. .

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Love it! Absolutely gorgeous book - and artwork.
                          Congratulations, Squire!

sk

Comment

Thanks, Siep! Sorry to blow you off like that in the EP thread, but I could resist this monster post.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Fantastic addition to the collection Squire. I love it!
                              Last edited by Theli; 07-01-2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Very cool!
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X