No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJ is a fascinating read, no matter where you "stand" on belief and/or philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
      KJ is a fascinating read, no matter where you "stand" on belief and/or philosophy.
      Glad to hear that. Really looking forward to reading it. I liked his first two "Killing" books.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

I was amused to see that Brian and Lilja placed Maximum OverDrive in their top 10 King films (though Brian made a disclaimer on that one); and was disappointed that The Shining (movie) wasn't on any of the four lists. Oh well...
        Had the same exact thought

Comment

Some recent additions I found in my mailbox:

BNS1.jpgBNS2.jpgBNS3.jpgBNS4 (1).jpgBNS5.jpg

Quite an enjoyable read, though I found some Chadbourne's art to be out of touch with the tone of the story. And of the events of the story didn't completely make sense to me.

Spoiler!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And another one (that I'd bugged Mindy about while updating my pre-order list):
            The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli.

TWOTC1.jpgTWOTC2.jpg

Interior art by Santiago Caruso:

TWOTC3.jpgTWOTC4 (1).jpgTWOTC5.jpgTWOTC6 (1).jpg

Haven't delved ino this one yet.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Some recent additions I found in my mailbox:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13512[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13513[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13514[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13515[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13511[/ATTACH]

Quite an enjoyable read, though I found some Chadbourne's art to be out of touch with the tone of the story. And of the events of the story didn't completely make sense to me.

Spoiler!
              I don't usually post about my own work, but since the original hardcover isn't readily available:

Spoiler!
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I really wanted that hard cover of Walls of the Castle. It's a unique dark story. I love the art too. Which doesn't really have much to do with the story, but fits the feel of the book perfectly.

Comment

Great adds Squire!

Comment

Vey nice adds. I have the e book for the walls of the castle. Wanted the hard cover also but did not get to order in time. Maybe someday.

Comment

I have Walls of the Castle Hardcover. It is quite nice! Got number 40.

Comment

Very nice. Walls was one I kind of wish I got, but maybe one day down the road.

Comment

Back to B&N for the MY most anticipated book of 2013 (Sorry, Uncle Steve. Doctor Sleep and Joyland didn't make the cut for me.)

DSCF4344 (480x640).jpg

One more trip to The land.

DSCF4348 (640x473).jpg

Actually, four trips (The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, 1-4).

DSCF4346 (640x285).jpg

Donaldson's 10-book epic comes to a close (after only 36 years: 1977-2013. Begun when I was in the 5th grade).
                          Last edited by srboone; 10-16-2013, 03:00 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great. I have not read anything by him except maybe a short story. That is if he writes them. Nice looking books but a very long wait. I understand the wait for the next George R.R. Martin book is going to be longer as according to NPR he is spending lots of time at the movies instead of writing.

Comment

Very nice. I've been meaning to read Donaldson's work for a while, I have the first three and a short story collection just waiting to be read.

Comment

Back to B&N for the MY most anticipated book of 2013 (Sorry, Uncle Steve. Doctor Sleep and Joyland didn't make the cut for me.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13536[/ATTACH]

One more trip to The land.
                                Mine's on its way - can't wait!
                                It has been a long wait, as I've been saving up the Final Chronicles since 2004 - and never re-read the first two.
                                I don't know when I'll begin reading all 10 volumes, but it should be an awesome journey. The first two chronicles belong to my all-time favorite fantasy series, and I can't wait to tackle the whole thing.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X