X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

srboone's collection

Here's part one of my collection:
    DSCF0001.jpg
    remarqued The Passage; Exorcist/Legion; Deluxe ed. The Howling; The Big Book of Necon;Halloween: New Poems; Chap book for Burnt-out Priests...; Moonbane; Orangefield; Hallows; Eve; Halloweenland; Brides of the Impaler; Picking the Bones; Midnight Grinding; Hell Hollow (various trade HCs on the side)

DSCF0002.jpg

Hell Hollw; Futile Efforts: Bone Soup; Last Exit for the Lost; Bedbugs; Occassional Demons; British Invasion; The Secret Backs of Things; Four Rode Out; On Dangerous Ground; The Woods are Dark; 2nd copies of Moonbane and Halloweenland; Dark harvest; Shivers VI trade pb

DSCF0003.jpg

Halloweenland (2nd copy); Dark Harvest; Johnny Halloween; Old Flames; Elsewhere (2nd pr trade HC); 1st and 2nd print Blockcade Billy; Subterranean Press' Zodiac and Kraken; the slipcase for Zodiac that Zodiac won't fit back into (the reason I won't buy fron SP again.); issues of CD mag, Grave Tales, Atlantic and a nifty new Steven King comic; my chapbook binder

more to come...
    Last edited by srboone; 06-08-2011, 10:51 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

part two: King Trade HCs/pbs
    DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Lisey's Story is actually a slipcased plastic covered HC with a sewn in bookmark. Kinda neat.

Books after Full Dark, No Stars: Riding The Bullet ARC; Storm of the Century trade pb; Cycle of the Werewolf trade pb; The Girl Who Loved Tome Gordon; Blaze; Night SHift (BCE); Blockade Billy/Morality; various book from Dark Moon grab bag.

King HCs needed: Carrie, Night Shift, Danse Macabre, Different Seasons, Skeleton Crew, Dreamcatcher (in the mail), The Green Mile, Rose Madder, On Writing, DT1-3, and probably others I can't remember.

More to come...
    Last edited by srboone; 06-08-2011, 11:56 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Awesome collection! Where did you get that special copy of Lisey's Story??? I want it!

Comment

I have 2 versions of the Green Mile, the original 6 part individuals and then a collected gift edition in a slipcase still a pb tho. I'm content with them.

Comment

Impressive collection!
          Love to see some individual books up close!

sk

Comment

Part three:

Let's not for get about these:
            DSCF0028.jpg

I found Lisey's Story in a used book store in KCMO. It was still shrink wrapped. The cover is like those econ-clad books in my high school's library. The wrap around on the Slipcase is a heavy posterboard. It was published by Scribner's.

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

more to come:
            Last edited by srboone; 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

part four:

I have so many leather-bound Easton Press books that I could overload the system just with images. I have the 17-volume Thousand and One Nights; 20-vol complete Ernest Hemingway; 39-vol works of Shakespeare; 30+ volumes of The 100 Greatest Books Ever Written set; 6-vol William Faulkner set; 7-vol F.Scott Fitzgerald set; translations of The Kama Sutra/The Perfumed Garden/The Ananga-Ranga; illustrated 2-vol Gone with the Wind; 3-vol The Faeirie Queen; illustrated 4-vol Le Morte D'Arthur; Illustrated Fagles translations of The Illiad and The Odyssey; The Lottery; Norman Rockwell ilustrated Tom Sawyer; The Wind in the Willows; Planet of the Apes. I'm looking to start Masterpieces of Science Ficiton and Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander set.

But of interest might be these, my signed editions:

DSCF0036.jpg

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton; Wicked by Gregory Maguire; The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie; The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks; and The Red Badge of Courage, illustrated and signed by Mort Kuntsler.

DSCF0037.jpg

Last but not least forthcoming...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

nice stuff!

If you could share some up close photos of The Big Book of Necon I'd be much obliged.

Comment

Very, very nice indeed.
                  Thanks for sharing!

sk

Comment

And last, but not least:

a few of the outstanding non-King reads I've experienced overt he last 30 years:

DSCF0038.jpg

Vols. 1-13 of Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion cycle

DSCF0039.jpg

Eternal Champion 14-15; Moorcock HCs: The Dreamthief's Daughter, The Skrayling Tree, The White Wolf's Son, The Coming of the Terraphiles (Dr. Who), The Meta temporal Detective, Lunching with the Anti-Christ, The Warhound and the World's Pain, Blood, Fabulous Harbours, The War Amongst the Angels; And a VHS (unfortunately, the only format it's in) copy of the greatest movie you've never seen: Long Gone (1987)--consistently rated the best baseball movie ever made by those who have seen it. Check it out!

DSCF0040.jpg

Ancient Evenings, Norman Mailer; Ghost Story, Peter Straub; Winter's Tale, Mark Helprin; American Gods; Neil Gaiman; The Name of the Rose, Foucault's Pendulum, The Island of the Day Before, Baudilino, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, On Literature by Umberto Eco; Under Kilimanjaro, Ernest Hemingway, 20,000 Leagues Under the Seas, Jules Verne; The Greek Myths by Robert Graves.

And by request:

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

The Old Dude's Ticker by Stephen King!

DSCF0043.jpg

That covers about 1/4 of my library; the rest consists of HCs and pbs of all genres and the encylopedic sets of various subjects that I've accumulated. Thanks for taking a look-see!
                    Last edited by srboone; 07-10-2011, 09:17 AM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Wish I had an impressive collection like that to share. Alas, many of my books have come from backstreet bookstores and the like. I know some of them are old, as they were difficult to find, but I doubt they are worth anything. Very nice collection though.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thank-ee kindly, sai Ozmo! My collection started with used Michael Moorcock pbs from back alley bookstores and garage sales, so don't give up!

But I don't consider myself a collector by means--a pack rat maybe. If I were a collector, I wouldn't hold a poorly constructed slipcase against Subterranean Press (especially since they have many titles I'd love to have; ex. Embassytown by China Meiville--the next great SF novel!). If I were a collector, I'd buy traycased and boxed editions of works. (They look beautiful, but they clash with what I want my library to look like.)

Anyway, after visiting your website, you have some talents I wouldn't mind having (artistic, etc.) Keep up the great work!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the website visit. I am trying out the whole online serial novel thing as well, with a Zombie theme--in some ways.

I have recently been offered a 2nd edition limited print signed copy of Joe Hill's Heart-Shaped Box (my current favorite book) for $80. That would certainly spruce up my collection. But alas the couch, fridge, and MB shower are on the way out, so as tempting as it is, I have to pass. Perhaps if I sold a kidney or something eh? :P
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Just do it for more than a I-pad and I-pod!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X