No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I TOLD you not to tell your wife that! Some people never lsiten...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Pete asked for some shots of the interio of Riding the Bullet, so here we go.

The King story has 3 Alan Clark prints in it. They been posted a lot of place s on this board, so they're nothing new to people.

DSCF3462 (480x640).jpg

DSCF3466 (480x640).jpg

DSCF3468 (480x640).jpg
      Last edited by srboone; 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Mick Garris screenplay has a director's notebookappendix which has some shooting schedules and story boards.

DSCF3428 (640x480).jpgDSCF3429 (640x480).jpg
        DSCF3431 (640x480).jpgDSCF3434 (640x480).jpg

The last pic shows the end ofthe storyboarded scene and the laylout of the amusement park.
        Last edited by srboone; 01-23-2013, 08:16 PM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Also got a package from Amazon with a couple of paperbacks I read about on Good Reads.

First, from Craig Wallwork, an author who I was introduced to on THIS site:

DSCF3445 (480x640).jpg

And a book that someone else found a GR giveaway for, that I entered and then withdrew from since I had to have it now for my TBR:

DSCF3441 (480x640).jpgDSCF3443 (480x640).jpg
          Last edited by srboone; 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

From B&N (since I have scads of coupons for them), another item for my TBR.

DSCF3448 (480x640).jpg

Reviews for it have middling, but I decided to give it a try.
            Last edited by srboone; 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And I went to Half-Price books to get some Bentley Little pbs, but they only had three--two I'd already read (and I've only read two BL novels)!! Usually I can count on at least 5 or 6. So I got some paperbacks from different authors, all of which are on this year's TBR.

DSCF3449 (480x640).jpg

And now that I think about it, I forgot Garton's Live Girls! Oh, well...
              Last edited by srboone; 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks for the pics Squire! I do recall seeing the artwork, but I don't think I've ever seen those sketches in back. Pretty cool!

And very nice adds, I'm envious of your trip to HPB!

Comment

Traveling Vampire Show is a very fun read!
                  Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  And I went to Half-Price books to get some Bentley Little pbs, but they only had three--two I'd already read (and I've only read two BL novels)!! Usually I can count on at least 5 or 6. So I got some paperbacks from different authors, all of which are on this year's TBR.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11590[/ATTACH]

Comment

You're in for some good reading. All those books are great reads.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Unless you take it a bit too far...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11590[/ATTACH]

4 of my all time favorite reads. Awesome reading ahead. As far as the Caleb Carr book. I do not know I have read the Alienist and the Angel of Darkness both very good.

Comment

Is there a story behind this or did he break it arm wrestling?

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          Unless you take it a bit too far...

Comment

Looks like a photo-shopped job to me.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Those 4 are ones I really want to add to my collection, especially the Ketchum and Laymon! And I just got Off Season yesterday. If I keep adding these books, my wife will think I'm nuts!

Comment

Looks like a photo-shopped job to me.
                                Nope.

Actually BW, there is. The guy is fell down the stairs and messed his arm up pretty bad. He was scheduled for an operation but the hospital kept setting it back a whole bunch of times and what happened was that his bones set far apart from each other. From what I understand, is now they'll have to break it up again and reconstruct it somehow, probably cyborg-pimp-it-out!

Comment

Working...
                                X