No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great collection and I like the bookends.

Comment

Congrats on the extra special ATB!!!!! I knew you would get it eventually!

I like your Kelly collection, they look really nice all together like that Squire.

Comment

Thanks, Pete. I'll get my King bookcase up eventually.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Squire, my buddy, I'm in awe of these latest additions: amazing stuff!

sk

Comment

Thanks, Siep! That means a lot comng from a collector like you.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Every now and again as I scour ebay, I come across items that have either 0 bids or ridiculously low bids; then I try to snipe them for low prices. I also have come across some sellers that tend to get ignored for one reason or another. All of their stuff has 0 bids on them even though they've been up for a long time (they all have astronomical feedback scores--take that for what it's worth, I guess).

CD's recent The Mailman turned me on to Bentley Little so I put his name into the search I came up with this: The Revelation by Bentley Little; his first novel and his MFA thesis.

DSCF2539 (480x640).jpgDSCF2543 (640x480).jpg

It had been sitting there for a while and no one had bid on it, so at 19.95, I figured it was a good way to get into BL. I ended up being the only one to bid on it. I found a lot more that I didn't bid for that I wanted to, but I did manage to win an $85 Earthling Publications book for $30 that I should get later this week. I've haven't been totally screwed on anything I've bought on ebay yet, tho. I know that is eventually coming. Hopefully not on the EP.

I need to stop looking at ebay for awhile--I'm finding too much stuff to bid on.
              Last edited by srboone; 06-06-2012, 11:10 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Another package from CD. Stephen King: The Non-Ficition by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks. I debated long and hard about getting this one. I've read some of King's non-fiction over the years and it doesn't really interest me at all. But the final installment of the forthcoming 2012 Gran Bag is "a book about Stephen King's work by two of our most popular Stephen King experts." I figure that this is going to be a revised edition of this book (Rocky Wood revised his Uncollected and UnPublished for Overlook and it has TWO authors, so I figure this is a good bet). So I thought I'd have a peek at this one. If the 2012GB item is not an updated version of this book, I'll have the only version of SK:TNF plus whatever CD comes out with. Win/win--sort of.

DSCF2545.jpgDSCF2547 (480x640).jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2551 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2553 (640x480).jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It better not be a revised edition. It's the only book in that grab bag I even want.

Comment

I don't actually know what the book book about king's work in the grab bag is, but I don't think it's a revised SKNF. Especially considering we only just now sold out of the first SKNF.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I think i'd be ok with an Uncollected, unpublished revision but I'd prefer something new. I dont know what. Pretty well everythings been covered. Maybe a second uncollected full of completely new stuff that wasn't in the first(assuming its him) Overlook just did it though...added some more I mean not all new stuff...so I can't see CD doing it. Can't wait to find out though. It's the only one that hasnt been announced from the Grab Bag yet.

Comment

It was the single book by "Two of our favorite SK experts" thing. Doesn't matter. It sounds plausible.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Whatever it is I can't wait for the announcement!

Comment

Oh, and by the way, nice adds Squire! Really like the Non Fiction book! And congrats again on the ebay hunting.

Comment

Nice additions, Mr. Boone.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X