No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait, Mr. Woot! But that was nice of them to include the rosary (I'm not Catholic, tho.)
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Can't wait, Mr. Woot! But that was nice of them to include the rosary (I'm not Catholic, tho.)
      Me either Mr Boone, acquired it because I think it said "accompanied by a Riesling" - imagine my disappointment

Comment

Oh, well...caveat emptor...
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Oh, well...caveat emptor...
          Yeah, at least I can take comfort in that it was a needless, rather than a needful, thing

Comment

Another day, no package from Easton Press! Seriously, how long does it take a package to get from Conneticut to Missouri??? It was mailed on 08October!

<sigh>

So, here's something I picked up on Black Friday, not a book, but something for my collection.

HP1.jpg

Retail was $140 (without tax); got it for just under $60 (tax included). I stopped collecting the DVDs after #5; I'll need to do a 20-hour marathon one day for this; maybe then, the last two films won't seem so blah to me. Might even decide to read the books one day.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Found this in the $7.99 discount rack ("like another can o' beans!") at Best Buy.

HC1.jpg

I'll give it a try. Cheaper than seeing it in the theater!

I really want my Easton Press package....
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Breathe in, breathe out Grasshopper - all good things to those that wait (even when it takes forever)

Comment

Try moving out of the US Squire and see what that will do with your patience!

Comment

I can imagine! Well, you guys deserve to laugh at me for my inconvenience here; I hate to imagine waiting like you guys do for some items.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hey Squire, I like your idea of a wooden traycase to display the two books. Do you make your own or do you work with a third party, like Dick/Dolso?

Anyway, post it when you do whatever you decide to do.

I'm in California, Easton packages take forever. I don't know why, packages from anyone else get here in a reasonable timeframe.

Comment

I'd be going through Dick Olson, though he's going into surgery again and he has a backlog of cases--mid February was when he projected he'd be able to start it. I'm talking with Paul at Thunderstorm, trying to get a a DJ for a pastedown, so it'll be a while. When I get it, though, I'll definitely post it.

And in 5 years of doing business with Easton, I've never had to wait longer than 3 weeks to receive a package. I'm in my 8th week right now. I did have a situation where I received my package, but there was no book in it. The post office in Gladstone MO had marked it "recieved w/o contents." I guess somebody felt they needed the book more than I did (last book in the Ernest Hemingway collection--hmmm). Anyway, Easton fired another out to me--got IT in a week. If one more installment gets paid with out receiving it, I'll probablyask for my money back.

I really do want "The Martian Chronicles"signed by Ray Bradbury, though...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

If you really want the book (I want that one too!), I'd keep working with them. They'll get it right eventually.

Comment

Should be a pretty big week for packages. Here's the first.

This is on my all-time favorites list (#3). One of the most beautifully written books I've ever read. First American Trade HC.

ML.jpg
                            Last edited by srboone; 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Signed! Moorcock is in his 70s now and he doesn't flat sign many things anymore; most of his signatures today are bookplates that are available for the asking. He does take a hand-on approach to his official website and posts there quite often.

ML1.jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

ML2.jpg

Known for his works of dark alternative historical fantasy, his best book is a fiction book about survivors of the v-2 bombing of London in WWII and how thier individual and collective stories of survival define the character of a nation that rebuilt itself from the bottom up afterwards. Amazing!

A signed first UK edition is available, but beyond my means at this time.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X