Page 14 of 137 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: srboone's collection

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Finally , an art piece by Zach McCain

ss4.jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    So now I have two copies, the S/N HC

ss1.jpg

and the softcover.

SS.jpg

what to do with these things. The sizes (6 1/4" x 4 1/4" HC, 6" x 4" sc) don't lend themselves well to shelf presentation. Maybe if I could make them stand out in some way...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Nice additions Squire Presentation wise, bit of a hard ask, due to the size (small than The Monk ) .. Could maybe display them on smallish dinner plates stands (have some at home like that) or, if room doesn't permit, maybe some sort of self constructed box, to lift these little beauties to the same height as the standard sized books surrounding them ???

I'm leaning towards a wooden double traycase. Making the case the size of a regular book, maybe 9" x 6" is a nice idea. The dinner plate stand is interesting too. Thanks, Grant.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    I'm leaning towards a wooden double traycase. Making the case the size of a regular book, maybe 9" x 6" is a nice idea. The dinner plate stand is interesting too. Thanks, Grant.
    I'll shoot you off a happy snap of one I have displaying an Ed Lee, sets it off not too badly at all

Cool. Sounds like a "project" though, eh?
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Cool. Sounds like a "project" though, eh?
    Gotta love a project though, right ?????

Grant Wootton
    Hiya Squire - This is one of the books I've employed a plate holder to display (just gotta love a book that comes with its own Rosary to protect one from evil whilst one reads it)

SQUIRE # 1.jpg

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Greenelk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Hiya Squire - This is one of the books I've employed a plate holder to display (just gotta love a book that comes with its own Rosary to protect one from evil whilst one reads it)

SQUIRE # 1.jpg
    Having read (and enjoyed hugely) said book, it's east to understand why you might need one though. Dirty thing, nasty thing!!
    http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenelk View Post
    Having read (and enjoyed hugely) said book, it's east to understand why you might need one though. Dirty thing, nasty thing!!
    Yeah, dirty and nasty describe it - and, I have a bunch more of Lee's .... work ... to post soon (PS- received the Shadow Writer remarques and original art this arvo - many, freaking awesome !!!!!!P)

Can't wait, Mr. Woot! But that was nice of them to include the rosary (I'm not Catholic, tho.)
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Can't wait, Mr. Woot! But that was nice of them to include the rosary (I'm not Catholic, tho.)
    Me either Mr Boone, acquired it because I think it said "accompanied by a Riesling" - imagine my disappointment

Oh, well...caveat emptor...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Oh, well...caveat emptor...
    Yeah, at least I can take comfort in that it was a needless, rather than a needful, thing

Another day, no package from Easton Press! Seriously, how long does it take a package to get from Conneticut to Missouri??? It was mailed on 08October!

<sigh>

So, here's something I picked up on Black Friday, not a book, but something for my collection.

HP1.jpg

Retail was $140 (without tax); got it for just under $60 (tax included). I stopped collecting the DVDs after #5; I'll need to do a 20-hour marathon one day for this; maybe then, the last two films won't seem so blah to me. Might even decide to read the books one day.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Found this in the $7.99 discount rack ("like another can o' beans!") at Best Buy.

HC1.jpg

I'll give it a try. Cheaper than seeing it in the theater!

I really want my Easton Press package....
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    Breathe in, breathe out Grasshopper - all good things to those that wait (even when it takes forever)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Try moving out of the US Squire and see what that will do with your patience!

I can imagine! Well, you guys deserve to laugh at me for my inconvenience here; I hate to imagine waiting like you guys do for some items.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Hey Squire, I like your idea of a wooden traycase to display the two books. Do you make your own or do you work with a third party, like Dick/Dolso?

Anyway, post it when you do whatever you decide to do.

I'm in California, Easton packages take forever. I don't know why, packages from anyone else get here in a reasonable timeframe.